<CM event> 1st Party PvP Tournament Sign-ups!

• Hello DBOG players!

Seeing my latest poll results, I am glad to announce our First Party PvP Tournament. I really hope we have better sign-ups than in my previous tournament attempt, so read up and sign up!

The Tournament Rules

1. 8 parties of 5 members each will fight in a Round of 8 in CC Battle Ranked Arena (meaning party members will have to be level 67-70, because of the level restriction). Doubt we’ll get higher numbers, so this feels right to me.

2. There HAS to be a party leader (PL) to ensure fast and good communication with me or any other player that might help me out during the tournament. Only PL messages regarding the tournament will be taken into account.

3. As each fight will require 10 players to be online at the same time, the tournament will be held during many days, so as to meet everyone’s availability. Once the tournament match-ups are set, I will contact PLs to set a day and a time for their respective fights. We will pick the least populated channel and the CC Ranked entry of West City.

Please respect this and the Code of Conduct/ Game Policies rules, in order to have a successful event. Keep the “SK OP/Fighters are nerfed” messages to the minimum: we are all aware the game is incomplete yet, this is only to have fun. A party member breaking any rule might lead to disqualification.

How to sign up?

In order to sign up, the PL has to send me a private message in the forums (Conversations tab) with the following information.

1. Subject: Party PvP Tournament Sign-up: <Insert Party name here>

2. Party Name and PL in game name

3. All Party members’ in game names, classes and level.

4. Screenshot of the whole party, which will be used in the Tournament Main Thread (you can edit it if you want to).

Beware, I won’t accept any other kind of sign up (Discord, thread reply…). With Kid Tourney I waited 2 weeks for signups and we didn't meet the numbers... so please get ready for this as soon as you can or I might cancel it if we don't get enough people.

Entry fee: As mentioned on the poll, all participants will chip in in order to make a prize pool. Each party will pay a 125kk (125 000 000) zeni fee, so 25kk zeni per party member. I will hold the prize pool on my main character in game: Arubaru (Turtle Hermit, lvl 70). Once all 8 parties participating are confirmed, I will contact each PL so as to gather the entry fees until the end of the Tournament.

The Prize Pool

The Final Prize is 1kkk zeni, winner takes it all (200kk per party member). Once the Final Match is done and I’ve announced the Winner on the Main Thread, I will meet all party members and give their respective prizes.

That’s pretty much it. Go ahead sign up, if you have questions or suggestions post ‘em here, remember that this is a community event and your opinion is important. Also, if you feel like helping me out during the organization of the tournament, send me a message and we’ll figure out something! Thanks :)

Cheers,

Aru :dpeace:

• What a sad news! I have heard about some complaints about the event, and I want share them with you so that next events can hopefully be more successful.

1. The reward is not satisfactory.

2. In order to win, they would have to buy cash items such as LP recovery kits and LP potions.

When 1 and 2 above are taken into consideration, they seem to think it is the tail wagging the dog.

3. Not widely advertised in game. Many players, particularly those who don't speak English and use this forum often, do not even know the event would be taken place.

4. Even many players who know about the event have ended up giving it up because they think they are weak. (You know that there are so many full +15 geared players out there.)

It must be hard to take all these into consideration and make a better event because it is going to be just a CM event, not a systemized in-game one. I can only hope next event will be more successfully held.

• Thanks for the insight sSMETES! I do share the same feeling and have some stuff to add to those points:

1. I'd say the reward is satisfactory, but probably not many want to chip in (because of point 4).
    2. LP potions are zeni, and autopots aren't that expensive and can be bought from another person who cashes. When Budokai comes, if people expect to with an automatic disadvantage which is not using items, then I have bad news for them. Apart from that, cash shop will be changed and some items (as autopots) will be available out of the shop (as in event rewards), but you can ask any pvp player from original servers and you might get a similar answer in that regard.
    3. That is where you guys are important but sadly don't acknowledge that! When I post a thread in here I don't expect that even 5% of the community reads it, and that's the sad reality. However, those that read and feel the information given is important can contribute by sharing or simply spreading the word, that is how a community stays alive, and more so in a private server.
    4. I am not well-geared myself and I know that with good strategy and skill with decent upgrades you can beat +15 players, if you don't think you can make it then ofc do not participate. The objective of the tournament was to have fun, not determine a champion or anything. I am also a player, and even though I play only a little because of my time availability and I don't cash, I would have participated for the sake of fun. 25kk isn't much to me and this is a test server, but that is just me.

Systemized events are only going to take place in OB. Until that we just have these, so hopefully next one have success.

Cheers and thanks again for your comments.

Aru

• To clarify:

1. I agree. But that's what they said. =(

2. They meant cash LP potion since it has a shorter CD. However, one can buy it with zeni, too. I forgot to mention about an item, party popo, which is basically a cash item.

3&4. I couldn't agree more.

I hope players will appreciate your effort to make the event happen although it has been cancelled and taste the joy of having fun.

• Funny thing is, people talk about how there is nothing to do in game, and when Aru tries to do an event, all those people are MIA, then when its cancelled come back and still talk about how its dead game. Lul

• Make it 1vs1 and there won't b any number of participants problems.

Makes sense. Recall, however, that the Kid rank battle event that was cancelled a month ago was 1 vs 1. Nurturing a character up to level 29 is not that hard and there must have been many players who were leveling one , but the event ended up failing anyway. That is, as Aru and SHEEN pointed out, more participation and interest from players are needed in order for an event to be successful. That is the most important thing, I guess.

• I think its still possible to run a tournament for the parties that did register. Just instead of making it a traditional knockout tournament, make it a free for all tournament at platform. Kind of similar rules to how the current arc in dragonball super.

So the tournament would run like this:

• Team A, Team B and Team C all enter on the platform on an empty channel
    • Aru counts down when to start attacking eachother and then the teams can begin to start to fight
    • The last remaining team wins

Some other rules:

-If a player is knocked out of the arena or dashes out, they are disqualified and cannot walk back in.

-If a player is killed they also cannot enter the arena.

-If an outside party or player interferes with the tournament they will be banned and the tournament is be restarted.

-To make things fair every player will start without buffs in the platform

-To keep things simple the members of each team must represent only 1 guild, this way it will be easy to follow who is the clear winner.

-Judges are posted on all different sides of the arena so they can have a clear view on all sides of the platform.

Maybe my idea is terrible but it's the only viable way I can see a tournament with limited teams work. Alternatively, we extend the sign up period and give teams longer time to register (so we acquire more teams) , and make them sign up substitute members so if all 5 members cannot make it they at least will have some fill in members to represent the team.

I really do appreciate the amount of effort Aru puts into organizing these events, and it's a shame that sometimes they cannot take off due to lack of participants. I guess if organizing tournaments might be too difficult it would be just easier to wait for budokai to be implemented.

• It sounds good, but you would need a slightly bigger platform and the ability to heal/buff a party member inside the platform

• Tempest I like your idea, although it will be up to the participants already signed-up to decide if they think this is ok with them, as I suspect it will be quite a short tournament. I will contact the party leaders to see what they think, otherwise I believe I'll move on to a 1v1 tournament and an in-game race, so both lvl 70s and all other players can have an event to participate.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!