What's wrong with dbo and why it probably will never be competitive

• Okay so lots of people complaining about this update so I feel like this needs to be said because it's a lot deeper than you think and I know this is long but a very good read indeed. :P

I hear a lot of people saying "its just like retail now, its just like retail now, its just like retail now." Well guess what? Like some others have mentioned DBO DIED and one of those reasons is the horrible balance. So trying to make the balance exactly like the original DBO is just a big huge fail.

Now, that that's covered I wanna show you a time, where DBOG YES DBOG was balanced! (Not perfectly balanced but pretty damn balanced) And that was before masterclass was fixed and added to the game. Namek warriors were tanks, so they had high defense and LP but dealt low dmg. MAs were DPS, so they did high damage and had low LP and defense. Spiritualists were long range DPS/DoT with unique skills, so they had that and low defense. Healers healed and had low DPS, Mighty majins had great buffs with medium-low dmg. And Wonder majins had good stuns with medium dmg. Only thing with those times was we didnt have defense working so tanks sucked but of course now we do but at that time everyone seemed like they had a pretty even chance with everyone.

Thats how the game should be! All of it makes sense right? What a great game to play, wow lots of players must have been doing PvP right? WRONG. There was barely anyone dueling (No rank back then but with this balance who really cares lol dueling was great) and there was barely any english, and the spanish would just gather lots of guildies and own plat. Then master class came...

Now when master class came when everyone was oneshotting everything cause skills dealt from both weapons and still no defense. So much players came back and started Pvping... Literally I think that was the most populated times... When the game was a complete god awful unbalanced mess. And they were saying what people say now when people complained about how things were. "Stop making excuses, get good, stop crying."

The majority of pvpers just don't play this game for balance or whatever, they play for plat and to become the most broken player they can possibly be. Right now you need like 3 sets of armors, 10 accessories, and dogis with stats to compete against classes (well depends on the class Karma really needs just good attack speed weapons and great FOC for most players) that's not balance. So in short, we just won't ever get on an agreement for balance. The balance is in Daneos's hands he just needs to learn more about the game but that will take lots of time and he's too busy trying to fix the game. Just play this game for fun, not to win. Hope this cleared things up for some.

• For all of you who try to use the excuse "dbo was shut down because it was unbalanced", I hope you realize that isn't the case....the developers shut down the game due to lack of funds or whatever reasons in that area...because the game wasn't introduced widely...the player base of TW was really high straight down to the end and people enjoyed the game fully....the only reason dbog is getting so many complains and "this shouldn't be so, this should be like that" is because the state of the game is in a person who we can communicate easily witch's hands.

On a side note...you mentioned being able to one shot as a bad thing...and this update helped that greatly...the reason the same seems so "unbalanced" now is because of the huge amount of +15s circulating around the server. The different will be seen in obt...especially those who complain about OP SKs...I may be mistaken but in my time playing dbog...the most common +15 weapon is an Axe....and finally

The majority of pvpers just don't play this game for balance or whatever, they play for plat and to become the most broken player they can possibly be.

On behalf of the people who take PvP seriously.....I would like to say this isn't true...I'm 99.9% positive of it...They are more focused on ranked and are just waiting for bodukai...which is a PvP player's ultimate goal...its just that right now bodukai isn't in the game yet...so plat is a substitute to ease boredom

• why they are trying to bring it back to dbo state first its like a blueprint of the game from there he can change the things, he needs the original formula then tweak that formula into the desirable one but if he doesn't get the original one making up a complete new formula is hard and time consuming

• For all of you who try to use the excuse "dbo was shut down because it was unbalanced", I hope you realize that isn't the case....the developers shut down the game due to lack of funds or whatever reasons in that area...

But why didn't it get funds? Not many people willing to put money in a game thats a unbalanced mess.

Who are you to say DBO isn't competitive ??

Its just a matter of opinion really but if you want some reasons players abusing bugs(not the games fault but still), things like dogi balls (Seriously costumes giving out stats they really messed up adding that), certain match ups being really RNG based the main reason though (example Fighter vs Karma "Oh look I resisted. Oh now this round I didnt so now you win") unbalance like fighters out DPSing a SM with thunder which he is supposed to be the best at.

Also this games main meta being knowing what gear to pop on against "X" class and by that I mean you barely switch your playstyle against classes just know what gear to wear lmfao.

• When you think about it....the only people that really complain alot about the primary features of the game are the ones that can't understand amd adapt to the current game state. Sure, there are bugs right now, but being the test server....we should keep in mind that obt will be a lot less bug-toxic...and only focus on the primary concept of the games development

Edit: My first sentence applies to those that just complain without solid suggestions and potential fixes

• I as DW has begun playing PvP these days like I used to in retail (KR). Although I don't have many sets of accessories, I could win against many players (SMs, some fighters, turtles, the best crane ever (according to himself), some karmas, a plasma, and an SK). Some of them were of course +15 players. And I lost against ultimates, most SK and some great players from any class. The chance of winning would increase when I have more sets of accessories.

Anyway, I just want to say that balancing is quite subjective and players make it (at least slightly more) balanced if they know how to play.

• When you think about it....the only people that really complain alot about the primary features of the game are the ones that can't understand amd adapt to the current game state. Sure, there are bugs right now, but being the test server....we should keep in mind that obt will be a lot less bug-toxic...and only focus on the primary concept of the games development

You're right im not gonna waste hours and hours again to level a SK to level 70 and be OP with that lol. I mean I have a karma and I rekted almost every human except the few who are smart and wear res and make it RNG for me but its not my playstyle, I wanna be good with SM, tried everything I could think of and some fights were just built to be purely RNG. Pathetic balance.

• I like the way you move, but for make a good balances, we need make the wrong balances first, and that´s is it.

Have a lot of things who we have to recover of the retail DBO, i don´t know about you, but i really want back the game first to our hands, for after that say what it´s wrong and what it´s right.

Is because that im not reporting things like "Fighter don´t have the maximum caps of attack speed in the game", "Have a wrong balance in the pvp with the SK", "The turtle ar bugged".

I only make suggestions like "Put more boobies and booty on the models of the girls".

• Yes im seriously man ¿And you, are you seriously dude? This guy have follow me on all the posts i comment, and the only thing he makes is say "That´s is wrong, ¿are you seriously?, ¿Really?".

I hate people like you, who only put a comment for make experience and win balls over them photos, why you don´t give your opinion and help the other people, even if you are talking shit, that is a more lot usefull than what you make.

• You're right im not gonna waste hours and hours again to level a SK to level 70 and be OP with that lol. I mean I have a karma and I rekted almost every human except the few who are smart and wear res and make it RNG for me but its not my playstyle, I wanna be good with SM, tried everything I could think of and some fights were just built to be purely RNG. Pathetic balance.

Yo.... what's your ign, or discord... I wanna have a convo xD

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!