How are swordsman in this game?

• Swordsmans are good, sure you feel that they lack dmg when you compare them with fighters, just because fighters are broken.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• all classes do less damage then original DBO and prop nerf real mess with this class alot in PVP and PVE(without attack speed) if you don't got the best gear in the game you probably gunna have a hard time, but on the positive side of thing the server gonna get wipe so everyone won't have best gear for at least the first couple months so you would probably have a good time playing it.

• Swordsmen are an amazing class that's just going through a rough patch atm, due to the prop nerf. It was one of the only classes I REALLY enjoyed playing, even though I wasn't pro at it. Just note that making an SM would be a good decision AFTER you get a good PvE character, as SM has pretty crappy PvE compared to other classes, and farming will be a pain in the ass. Apart from that, it's a truly great class, and the only people that would refute that claim are dunderheads that have zilch skill, and are incapable of playing anything more than an RNG fighter.

• I've been thinking about them too lately. People choose Fighters because it's just easier to play with them and they have some pretty rare skills, but there's a lot of them already. Yeah, people say that Swordsmen are hard to level, but I guess they don't like challenging classes that require patience and good observation. If you know what you're doing, you can be very unpredictable in battles. They only have trouble with leveling/farming.

• I've been thinking about them too lately. People choose Fighters because it's just easier to play with them and they have some pretty rare skills, but there's a lot of them already. Yeah, people say that Swordsmen are hard to level, but I guess they don't like challenging classes that require patience and good observation. If you know what you're doing, you can be very unpredictable in battles. They only have trouble with leveling/farming.

I couldn't have put it better myself

• u should ignore anyone saying swordsman is worth it

to them its worth it cus they have other characters to level it up and farm so they can afford the expensive gear

if your just starting the game it will be absolutely horrible since you only have single target damage

if you want a sword wait til u have a character like a turtle to level it up

• You have no idea what your talking about, you are a newbie...

SM are godly pvp and they can also grind pretty well if you make an aoe build with it

• Thanks for comments everyone . Its still a mixed review i see . I was a fighter in dbo tw2 . Havnt really played dbog as i never saw the point as it was still in beta, missing stuff and being wiped a few times. So im only starting dbog in march .

Gonna give SM a try as fighter got pretty boring (plus i will be Trunks IGN) i dont mind caahing for gear ect so it will be a good match for me however does it suck for pve? Im just thinking of cc150 ect ? On my fighter i would normally thunder or crit mobs but on a SM i dont have that luxery . Pve thoughts ??

• Thanks for comments everyone . Its still a mixed review i see . I was a fighter in dbo tw2 . Havnt really played dbog as i never saw the point as it was still in beta, missing stuff and being wiped a few times. So im only starting dbog in march .

Gonna give SM a try as fighter got pretty boring (plus i will be Trunks IGN) i dont mind caahing for gear ect so it will be a good match for me however does it suck for pve? Im just thinking of cc150 ect ? On my fighter i would normally thunder or crit mobs but on a SM i dont have that luxery . Pve thoughts ??

no one will let a sword into cc unless they know u

it sucks for pve cus sword excels at single target damage

Back in the day i was only ever able to CC150 twice on Swordsman and this was with friends but tbh back then pve was so much different that a swordsman could tank even with +10-12 tmq gear they could tank with no problems but nowdays even full +15 human will most likely not be able to do it although i maybe be wrong. Glaring Slash back in the day was literally the best thing ever it is what defined sm and pve aswell as its incredible pvp benefits. this is Kinswkk he is proberly the most creditble swordsman of retail dbo

• I couldn't agree more with Syren .

Before it was better to take SM with yaa than most of other humans cuz of glaring slash mostly and physical skills, since some monsters have high energy def soo physical are good.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• I'm playing a Sm as my main right now and honestly I am not enjoying it. I admit, I'm fairly new to this game but that shouldn't take away from the experience. Here is why I'm not so thrilled about a Sm.

For starters it does get difficult to lvl this class and people really aren't that helpful in this game. Even your own guild. Least that's my experience. It really is single target SMH that Aoe talk is nonsense. Burning attack is trash and simply to wide to for it not to be strong enough to damage the mobs more. They will rip through you like a hot knife through butter. I never had an issue gearing it. I cash though. The main issue is being a solo player. If you have a friend to play with or a "Good guild" not a selfish guild but s good one that will help every now and again. This class would truly be fun to play but..this game isn't set that way. IDK how it was in the past but now it definitely isn't set that way. It's mmo without the Multi-player. Still though I have fun with what I can do but they're right. You're gonna want to lvl a different class as well.

• It really is single target SMH that Aoe talk is nonsense.

I have leveled 2 or 3 cant rememeber swordsman to 70 and it was ofc harder than leveling a turtle or dark warrior to 70 but to say that its 'trash' is just not the case with just ultimate buffs and basic weapons like +8-10 lvl 55-60 sword it can not only 1 shot papaya mobs with crit but even the base dmg is very nice 2x burning attacks on a crowd is gg everytime and with simple cooldown reduction you can spam burning attack with no problem

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!