What was the last update NTL made to DBO before closing tw servers?

• Just looking to gather info on the original DBO. Its such a sad story to me knowing this game had so much potential. It hurts to see all the islands on the map they didnt finish... It hurts to no the ending content is FINAL and new content cant be added..AN WHY!?!?! why did they close it down... not one attempt was made to bring the game to Amercia which probably would of made them the money they needed. any info on TW servers will be much appreciated...

I would also like to know what there goals were.. what was the upcoming patches going to be about?? im so curious to how they just dropped there servers so suddenly..

• There were many unused and left over assets for Dragonball online, with the last official update being the level 70 update with the addition of papaya island and the changes to the scouter system with the new pet system, and a few new dungeons (such as Cell X and krakken dungeon)

In terms of the future of Dragon ball online, NTL had in development:

• Dragon World Challenge (DWC) - This was always an on-going feature the developers were working on throughout Dragon Ball Online. Not much was officially known about how it would work, but there are some left over assets regarding DWC that still remain in the games files (unused areas, and Mobs). The only known rumors that went among the community was this feature was to do with fighting DragonBall characters from the Manga/Anime.
    • Fran Fran Desert South - This was an upcoming map which was speculated to be for levels 70 - 80. The map was unreleased although still remains in the games files. No mobs, NPC's, quests or town functions were added, so it was still in development stages before they closed down.
    • Flight combat - Flight was added to dragon ball online, and another highly demanded feature by the community at the time was flight combat, which was said it was going to be worked on. There isn't much on flight combat although there is a youtube video (which I do not posses the link to) that does show case that it indeed did reach the planning and early concept stages.
    • Many left over items, such as dogis, gear and cash shop cosmetic changes were also uncovered. Here is a link to a video by one of the developers that is apart of DBO G (Mateo) created: https://youtu.be/xG4AjqpeonI
  • There were many unused and left over assets for Dragonball online, with the last official update being the level 70 update with the addition of papaya island and the changes to the scouter system with the new pet system, and a few new dungeons (such as Cell X and krakken dungeon)

In terms of the future of Dragon ball online, NTL had in development:

• Dragon World Challenge (DWC) - This was always an on-going feature the developers were working on throughout Dragon Ball Online. Not much was officially known about how it would work, but there are some left over assets regarding DWC that still remain in the games files (unused areas, and Mobs). The only known rumors that went among the community was this feature was to do with fighting DragonBall characters from the Manga/Anime.
    • Fran Fran Desert South - This was an upcoming map which was speculated to be for levels 70 - 80. The map was unreleased although still remains in the games files. No mobs, NPC's, quests or town functions were added, so it was still in development stages before they closed down.
    • Flight combat - Flight was added to dragon ball online, and another highly demanded feature by the community at the time was flight combat, which was said it was going to be worked on. There isn't much on flight combat although there is a youtube video (which I do not posses the link to) that does show case that it indeed did reach the planning and early concept stages.
    • Many left over items, such as dogis, gear and cash shop cosmetic changes were also uncovered. Here is a link to a video by one of the developers that is apart of DBO G (Mateo) created: https://youtu.be/xG4AjqpeonI

this will contenet be added?also you guys plan to add some things?im interested to know if we will do new tmq and things or we will have access only on retail things.also where is the video of flying combat?and what files is in game that we didnt see but was implemented?should make a thread about it.me and a lot of users are curious of know new classes,skills,dunegons,mode and all things that we didnt see

• this will contenet be added?also you guys plan to add some things?im interested to know if we will do new tmq and things or we will have access only on retail things.also where is the video of flying combat?and what files is in game that we didnt see but was implemented?should make a thread about it.me and a lot of users are curious of know new classes,skills,dunegons,mode and all things that we didnt see

i honestly feel that its impossible to continue.. It would cost tons of time/money. all though i could be wrong. i can see them MAYBE making fake quest lines in new maps but as for new graphic content and models.. no way.

• i honestly feel that its impossible to continue.. It would cost tons of time/money. all though i could be wrong. i can see them MAYBE making fake quest lines in new maps but as for new graphic content and models.. no way.

If the team has a programmer and somebody who can design new things, it is possible. A level 10 cap would take them almost a year to finish tho and that new combat system would take a lot.

• i hear that even skills level 80 is in game,same for items.and enginer and mech maniac.also what i want to know if is possible is what things is in client that we didnt know.a korean friend of mine wnt to NTL presentation and apart from fly,fly combat,flying nimbus,cc floor 250,150 cap i know that even ssj 2 and 3 was need be added.same for tmq with cell and increment party slots for some tmq and genkidama.those was the plan NTL was have and i m curious to know at what point they was.also if you search you can find a pic of a party with like 8 ppl and a fighter doing genkidama when fight cell in cell ring.those arent suggestion or nothing,was what was told to a NTL presentation of dbo,so dont comment like no ssj 2 or 3 what do you say,NTL was plan those things,and again i dont say to add them but i want to know what is in client atm.i know that mech maniac have already gear and some skills,and

• about Flight combat there is this video with a small preview of what they were already doing

2:05 until 2:44 the previous

yo that look so amazing, this is my first time seeing that. DBO had so much potential wonder if those mechanic are still in the DBOG files some where.

I hope some day bandai namco can officially reboot dbo ;l

• yo that look so amazing, this is my first time seeing that. DBO had so much potential wonder if those mechanic are still in the DBOG files some where.

I hope some day bandai namco can officially reboot dbo ;l

I hope they never will. When they do, they will literally a**ra*p* it. They will make a XV 3 out of it and remove the open world and mmo mechanics and game elements with their ''own style'' of open world. Xenoverse open world that is, which is no open world at all. Heck even DBZ Sagas for the PS2 had a more open world then XV1.

• I hope they never will. When they do, they will literally a**ra*p* it. They will make a XV 3 out of it and remove the open world and mmo mechanics and game elements with their ''own style'' of open world. Xenoverse open world that is, which is no open world at all. Heck even DBZ Sagas for the PS2 had a more open world then XV1.

i feel like XV is what DBO was originally dropped for... they thought dbo failed so they gave it all to XV. Thats why theres a lot of resemblance in the story.

• The only mistake NTL did, was to make the game private for Asia regions. (I know that a ton of people outside Asia were able to go in). They weren't planning to make the game aviable for everyone and that's why they didn't get the attention and money they needed. Even tho DBO was known only by DB fans, they game became much more popular when it closed, of course, it was too late. I wish the game developers from every part of the world would never make the same mistake. DON'T KEEP THE GAME FOR AN SPECIFIC REGION, OR IT-WILL-DIE!

• The only mistake NTL did, was to make the game private for Asia regions. (I know that a ton of people outside Asia were able to go in). They weren't planning to make the game aviable for everyone and that's why they didn't get the attention and money they needed. Even tho DBO was known only by DB fans, they game became much more popular when it closed, of course, it was too late. I wish the game developers from every part of the world would never make the same mistake. DON'T KEEP THE GAME FOR AN SPECIFIC REGION, OR IT-WILL-DIE!

Publish everywhere = more investment needed.

If a game cant survive in one region, then most companies do not bother spending money to publish in different regions.

You also have to know, that NTL was only hired by bandai namco to create the game. NTL has nothing to say where the game will be published.

NTL did not work good enough with fixing bugs and adding new content.

• Publish everywhere = more investment needed.

If a game cant survive in one region, then most companies do not bother spending money to publish in different regions.

You also have to know, that NTL was only hired by bandai namco to create the game. NTL has nothing to say where the game will be published.

NTL did not work good enough with fixing bugs and adding new content.

They needed you....lol. They needed 100 of you. If only we could find a squad of Daneos's to revive the game completely lol.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!