Crane vs Fighter for OB

• Hello everyone ! I played DBO for a long time and I know almost everything about the game, but throughout my whole journey playing this wonderful game I always focus on the PvE. I had a question, between the Crane and the Fighter, which do you think is better for the PvP? Take into account the CAP of the OP, which costs more zeni to equip it and finally which farm better? The last point I put to get zeni faster! The difficulty is not a problem since I try the two classes (both chars in level 70) but never in its maximum splendor. Thank you and greetings!

• Currently cranes are low tier for pvp they have nothing really going for them. from my experience cranes are just good vs nameks (will need strong energy defense gear TMQS,CC etc) they pretty much get destroyed by all other pvp classes with relative ease. fighters on the other hand are and always will be a strong pvp class due to super high dmgs high dodge high resistance etc but they are also way too luck reliant theirs not really any real skill that goes into fighter although i have seen some fighters take it 1 step further with a combo. i personally think crane will be move expensive to gear because they need very strong energy defence gear which wont come cheap since you will need to upgrade + box it. I see a lot of fighters get away with just average gear like +8-10 just stack dex and hope for the best lul

• Skill cap on crane is super high, but average fighter beats an average crane, but a good crane beats an average fighter most of the time.

Currently cranes are low tier for pvp they have nothing really going for them. from my experience cranes are just good vs nameks (will need strong energy defense gear TMQS,CC etc) they pretty much get destroyed by all other pvp classes with relative ease. fighters on the other hand are and always will be a strong pvp class due to super high dmgs high dodge high resistance etc but they are also way too luck reliant theirs not really any real skill that goes into fighter although i have seen some fighters take it 1 step further with a combo. i personally think crane will be move expensive to gear because they need very strong energy defence gear which wont come cheap since you will need to upgrade + box it. I see a lot of fighters get away with just average gear like +8-10 just stack dex and hope for the best lul

Thanks!

• Fighters are far superior than crane in damage, dodging, resisting, and surviving.

Crane has only 1 real crowd control (excluding freeze, because you freeze yourself with it) and that's slow which is easily countered by movement speed. If you really want to PvP, go for Fighter. Crane does shine in Party PvP though, but even at this moment it's rather mediocre. I'd say Crane and Grand Chef are by far the worst classes at the moment.

• Hi,

Crane is by far better for PvE, as it has a very key debuff which is -33%LP, that alone, makes them the highest "dmg" PvE class;

On the other hand, Fighters are pure garbage and probably the most useless PvE class, and their irony is that they don't fit in any party, because of their damages being much higher than other classes, thus, taking aggro easily, f*cking up the plan, and end up being a burden that you need to work around~

As for PvP, Crane is probably the highest skill-cap class in DBO, that is because, unlike Turtle which are also very high skill-cap, they do NOT have means of safety, like an instant stun, etc...

And on top of that like ash said, they even got nerfed last year :D. (But they will be strong again in Beta !)

Also, they are among the most expensive classes, because if you take mine, i had dex/con/foc sets of armors, both Physical AND Energy defense, dodge rate sub, crit rate sub (which i would trade for crit % actually and just wreck with Focus), accessories CON/FOC/DEX/COOLDOWN/RESISTANCE/SUCCESS/ etc...

While on the other hand as a fighter, just look at my boy Kiriha (he's probably the best fighter here tho among with CeStory), he got very close to 1st place against a full +15 SK with bugged dogi stats, with just +9~10 armors DEX/CON, +6 gloves, and a +13 stick;

And they take practically no skill, they are heavily luck based.

So, in short;

Crane for PvE, Fighter for PvP

• Listen to dis facker for good advice

• It is an honor to receive your response! Thank you very much, I finally decided on a fighter as it brings back memories of when I was a noob on the HK server. But I am a person who gets bored of always playing the same character so when I have the time I will make a Crane! Thanks again and regards.
    PD: Here in the POB you inspired me to upload my third character which is a DW that is already at level 70, so thanks haha

• Can't write the answer into better words. Fighter is always the choice if you want to have fun and just do budokai :D. If you're looking to do dungeons, kraken, BID or stuff like that then... well... they're good for budokai :P

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!