Make Budokai events twice as often

• Double the occurrence of Budokai events ? 68

1. Yes (39) 57%
    2. No (29) 43%

Good morning to you.

If i am making this thread today, it is to try and share with you my vision on what these Budokai events are, how important they are to the server, and how to make this change work.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________

1 - What is Budokai ?

Budokai is, simply put, the "ultimate" goal of this game, no matter how you look at it, anything you do, however you do it, no matter the road you take, everything will always lead you to the same place : Budokai.

It is where everyone squares off to see who is the strongest player/team (although i would argue about that fact, given that many bugs are affecting the balance in PvP).

We all know that the basics of a MMORPG is to level up, then gear up.

But what's the purpose of gearing up ? Why should anyone put so much time/effort/money(?) into the game ?

The reason is simple : Budokai.

And that is the case for any player out there, be it hardcore PvP lover like me, or PvE lover like Cashalot , in the end, we will all meet up at the same place : Budokai.

Because a PvE lover will do his best to obtain the best loots possible, be it Kraken set, Cell-X rings, farm up to obtain boxs and get the best stats out of these accessories, and eventually achieve the ultimate PvE goal; CCBD Floor 150.

Now this may be considered as the actual ultimate goal of Dragonball Online, because of how difficult it is, and how impact the reward will be on a character, but this actually is key to the point i am trying to make;

CCBD will make a character much stronger than originally.

But for what purpose ? Why would anyone need to get such a big change ?

Budokai.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2 - How important is Budokai to the server ?

The importance of this event comes from its uniqueness, yes, compared to many other games, Dragonball Online has a built-in PvP Tournament of both Solo and Party format as its "pinnacle".

As a matter of fact, if we take a look at the game's original intro, we can even see that the game was supposed to revolve around this one feature :

On top of that, it also is the main attraction of YouTube videos, as well as livestreams, if you compare my PvE livestreams which barely get 20 constant viewers, to my PvP related ones who easily hit 80 although i am a nobody, it certainly says a lot on what the community enjoys.

I may have explained how important it is in the previous paragraph, but simply put : it is the ultimate goal.

And without this ultimate goal, the game is very... uninteresting.

There is many reasons as to why people went on TW/HK servers rather than the KR one, but i am pretty sure that most people just found the latter rather uninteresting despite having updates much sooner than the other two versions, and that came from its lack of Budokai occurrence : only once per month...

I can say for a fact that atleast half of the levels 55 are already bored of the game and are only waiting for Budokai, and i am one of them.

I can guess that many people will come and say "it is because lvl 55 lacks PvE content" but i've already answered to this matter earlier, there will eventually come a time where the game has nothing else to offer, and we will all be rotting warriors, waiting for the same thing, or simply leave...

And by making this change, we will prevent this from happening very early, because i am 100% confident that this change will happen, eventually, because it is no secret that any game without constant updates slowly dies from people getting bored.

And in all honesty, i also believe that at one point, where we will literally have nothing to do, say one year after the lvl 70 cap gets released, the possibility of having budokai everyday, like HK, will come to life, but that is not today's matter.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3 - How to make this change ?

Very simply, make it so that it doesn't affect any other event.

My personnal suggestion on this would be to have a "Budokai Day", holding one format on the same day, but for both Kid and Adult.

For exemple :

Tuesday;

2PM CEST - Solo Kid Budokai

7PM CEST - Solo Adult Budokai

Friday;

2PM CEST - Party Kid Budokai

7PM CEST - Party Adult Budokai

Then same for Kid :

Saturday;

2PM CEST - Solo Kid Budokai

7PM CEST - Solo Adult Budokai

Sunday;

1PM CEST - Party Kid Budokai

6PM CEST - Party Adult Budokai

That is just an exemple, these schedules would not affect other events such as Dojo War; the only issue possible would be that both Party Budokai days would occur 2 days apart from each other.

And as for the schedules, it would suit both Europe and Asia, but not so much America, so it will simply need a few tweaks.

But let's be honest, Solo Kid Budokai suits only Asia, and Party Kid Budokai barely suits Europe, so it's not like it could be an actual reason to decline this suggestion...

I hereby declare the end of this message, i hope that you will all take part in this poll, and please do not hesitate to comment, share your opinion, and of course ask me any questions that may cross your mind.

Cordially,

Sendoku.

• On one side I agree that the more stuff to do the higher player traffic we will get, but on the other side I am concerned this would affect people's feeling towards the event. It is supposed to be a highly anticipated tournament by everyone, and while some people like to tweak their setups between events others simply wait impatiently for the next one, logically the less often it happens the more rewarding winning will feel and more devastating it will be for those who get disqualified. In other words having it happen too often may cause it to lose its "magic".

And if by any chance this gets implemented i'd suggest it is after we hit the final level cap.

• On one side I agree that the more stuff to do the higher player traffic we will get, but on the other side I am concerned this would affect people's feeling towards the event. It is supposed to be a highly anticipated tournament by everyone, and while some people like to tweak their setups between events others simply wait impatiently for the next one, logically the less often it happens the more rewarding winning will feel and more devastating it will be for those who get disqualified. In other words having it happen too often may cause it to lose its "magic".

And if by any chance this gets implemented it'd suggest it is after we hit the final level cap.

Taiwan had this rate of occurrence and it was fine, because trust me, the better players will usually win most of the times, meaning that its "magic" won't be lost that easily.

Like you said most people impatiently wait for it, and that is because there isn't much to do beside Budokai.

Only in HK was it overkill.

• there are other events in the game that have not even been activated in dbog, accept there is no need for more budokai than there ever is. Just implant other events .. want to play kill goes dumb

What are you even on about ?

As if having Budokai twice a week could possibly hurt anything in the game.

Players are gearing themselves for one reason and that's budokai, it keeps them entertained enough without feeding them too much to the point of making it meaningless.

You're not making budokai "special" by keeping it once a week, it just makes it boring to wait a whole week just to try again.

Budokai twice a week is a good and fair balance.

• For me budokai is something special and it should be like is it once per week.
    When here will be more budokai per week, ppl will lose attention on it, now they know that if they will miss it they will have to wait 1 week more so they are focused on the day when is the budokai.
    If here will be more budokai per week ppl will less care about it, because it will be less special, when something is rare more ppl want it more.
    I remember when we had budokai every day on HK 7/7 in every next day you notice less players in qualifying stage, less ppl care about it.
    When something is rare it worth more.

• Now from the perspective of someone who wants to win every tournament (won all party tournaments that I participated in) also a bit arrogant:

My team has no time on weekdays. But party tournament should determine the best party. How does the tournament make sense if the best party is not there?

Now the toxic version:

Maybe you want budokai twice a week because you can't win against us?

• Budokai should stay same as it is and we should have more events, PVE and some PVP (Scramble event is shit) beside Budokai.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• I'm all down for more Budokais. After a while of each cap, there's little "preparing" left to do, especially soon for those who cashed their way to good gear. I know you could argue the Budokai "loses it's magic", it's the pinnacle of DBO and losses need to be devastating or whatever....but I think you're taking it a little too seriously at that point.

It's just a sport, and people LOVE good competition. Let's get more of that, then otherwise busy people might join more often too!

• Yeah exactly, after all this is just a game, it's like people just do not care at all about the life of this server.

I mean there is only one thing that is fun and it's only once in a week, even Taiwan with 2 budokai/week it was kind of boring.

There is literally no reason to not make it more frequent, it will only make the game better and more fun, this is a private server after all, people are arguing like the game should be boring ?

• You're right I can not always do it because I'm working at that time of event...

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!