Suggestion for upcoming gear-bind system

• After deleting the huge thread (which I'm not ok with it) I want to state something. If you guys plan to stop buggers or hackers from duplicating items, you should be aware that these guys can duplicate the Coins too, right? So as I said in the deleted thread, the buggers and hackers will be laughing at your update, cause they can still get +15 for their own account, and once they get a coin, they will sell their +15 equipment for real money and will keep scamming people.

• You couldn't share upgraded with tickets gear

In retail you had tickets AND this upgrade system, an upgrade system that let you share upgraded/worn gear back then too. Those overpowered tickets won't even exist anymore here, so bringing them up is entirely irrelevant.

Why is this update going to be done? Many people think it's only to avoid scams but NOT. It makes people move and get their armor for themselves and not have to buy armor or their friend give them their armor. And I repeat again, if you don't equip the armor you will be able to sell it. The bind is activated after it has been equipped and as I said, the Unseal Coins will be able to get easily with farm or maybe other methods.

The only problem I see are for people who have more than 1 account and want to use their armor to their other character. That's the only problem I see.

I don't see how this encourages anyone to craft their own armor. People can still make armor and trade it, so everyone'll still buy craft armor or ask their friends to make armor for them.(Crafting armor the first time is too expensive due to the leveling system, that's why it's always high level people or your later alts that do so.) The only time this is inconvenient is for passing old armor you don't need anymore to a friend, and even then it's still easily possible if you farm unbind coins. That's just contradictory, it beats the whole point of your encouragement, and even the whole update in general.

If you want to encourage newbies to craft their own armor, you should qua triple the craft exp or something. You'd actually allow people make armor for their own level without wasting a dozen million zeni they can't possibly have yet. It's no wonder they always ask for already-leveled crafters to make armor for them. (...also, DBO's crafting is a little complicated for the average idiot to grasp... )

First I want to say that the idea of the bind seems a good idea, the only thing I see bad idea is the bind in the jewelry from Mudosa. For everything else seems well

So...you like the topic's +12 permabind idea? I frankly think this update currently is too soft on scammers/dupers by letting them use unbind coins or share their stuff at all if they haven't worn it, tbh. It needs to hit harder or they'll just find a loophole. Buy some unbind coins for 5 bucks....sell +15 gear for 60 bucks....rinse and repeat....just to name an example. (Or farm in PvE for unbind coins, but they'll profit either way.)

• Everyone wants the game to be all simple and easy, cant we just accept that the game is becoming challenging and would require more skill(effort) and less "i can cash, make deni and buy everything". Honestly cant see why so many people are pissed about something thats the norm in a decent skill based mmo....

• Only thing I think should be changed is items of lower rarity shouldn't be binded since they are generally not gonna have the BIS stats.

Normal-Excellent or atleast Normal and Superior items(Top, Bot, Boots, Gloves/staff, Sub Wep). I mean its rare for you to see any Superior or Excellent gear being better then its Rare or Legendary version. And why would anyone wanna sell normal gear anyways?

• Everyone wants the game to be all simple and easy, cant we just accept that the game is becoming challenging and would require more skill(effort) and less "i can cash, make deni and buy everything". Honestly cant see why so many people are pissed about something thats the norm in a decent skill based mmo....

Until upgrade system doesn't changhe is not skills,is just a matter of who have more money and luck for upgrade

• every 'fix' or 'update' makes the game now more and more unplayable..its incredible how easily you can destroy the game instead of fixing it..good luck all!

It's not unplayable, whether your gear is all normal +0 or all Legendary +15, questing is still possible only difference is time and effort required to finish that particular quest or kill a particular mob. Not talking about you specifically, but a lot of people that have been playing the game up until now have adjusted too much to playing an unfinished game.

Debating changes in skills and stats is expected, but trying to debate or just out-right complain about something that was an actual mechanic in the official game is counter-productive.

• Your suggestion about +10 LV60 would still bother many players who borrow gear tho and +10 is considered as high upgrade even +9 because in the official game some people went too far with just +9 +10 and +15 was rare, i played a game called Aura Kingdom it has a shared bank for free and you could put all your gear there so you can use it with another character if that is possible then it will shut the mouth of all these babycries.

• Your suggestion about +10 LV60 would still bother many players who borrow gear tho and +10 is considered as high upgrade even +9 because in the official game some people went too far with just +9 +10 and +15 was rare, i played a game called Aura Kingdom it has a shared bank for free and you could put all your gear there so you can use it with another character if that is possible then it will shut the mouth of all these babycries.

Well, it's mostly a value thing. Nothing's as valuable and wanted as +15 or even +12 gear. And hey, if people share +10 gear, I think that's okay. We need to give players a certain amount of freedom, and there's still far greater power out there. Especially when you consider that a +13 to +14 upgrade gives WAY more defense than +3 to +4, so the last 3 upgrade levels matter the most. If you can win a Budokai or beat the CC150 with +10 gear, then you had the skill to do it all along, and deserve to win.

......though in general, I think +15 is much too powerful to just be casually "borrowed" around.(Not for the Pre-Open Beta, though. Everything's so bugged that I don't care if anyone borrows +15) If someone's achieved the game's absolute ultimate power, that should be enough of a reward/achievement by itself. I don't see why everyone who happened to be close friends with this person should also become walking tanks of destruction at their whim and fancy, able to destroy the endgame and Budokais because of someone else's hard work. Especially when this hard-working guy gets too trusting one day and some scumbag runs away with it.

Something that valuable shouldn't even exist for trading. We'd protect players from hackers and scammers, lazy people can't just buy ultimate power and dominate others that work legitimately to get there, and it'll prevent total disaster if people find another way to dupe +15 gear. That's why I stand behind this topic's suggestion.

• I want to downgrade get removed because Is not fair that we lose all progress easly.is too hard and pointless atm since you got 66% of chance of end up with finish with worst gear of what you start

It's either that or have your gear break, you either have one or another. Without it it'd be even easier to get +15, people forget that rng is a thing.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!