Brown Boxes and Boss Event

• I removed my opinion statement from this thread as it seemed to get some community members upset.And started a potential flame war this wasn't my intention when I made the post. I apologize to the community for that.

I have forwarded this thread to the team to evaluate keep the good discussion going.

I'll enjoy reading the discussion and hope to see more interesting opinions on the subject

Regards boxbox

• I've cashed.
    I've learned the system.
    Figured out how badly this game is dependant on cashing.

Fix is simple.

Autopots, brown boxes, and cosmetics should all be more accessible to players. Regardless if casher or not.

If DBOG is not going to fix the current brown box system, they should add silver boxes, and only make it attainable through rewards from game play.

Cashers can take their chances with Wagus and Brown boxes, whilst cashers AND f2p players have an EQUAL opportunity to make loot from silver boxes.

Just don't make silver boxes that easy to get lol.

And f2p players shouldn't feel too discouraged regarding the current situation with cash shop.

There's literal idiots that are now in debt and on welfare because of the amount of money they have used on this game. Goes to show the type of weirdos that play this game, and how unrewarding the cash shop can really be.

• First of all get over the fact that I am probably more free 2 play than any of you guys, I dont have to prove anything you can keep ranting and flaming that I am casher but if this is your only point then this is kinda weak I guess. Whoever came up with this term 'self proclaimed f2p player' has to have low intelligence.

You can't destroy gear at all besides throwing it away, you drop more u70, much more u70 stones, u70 whites are obtainable through pve, property balls rare and excellent are obtainable through pve.

Inb4 toxic noskill kids want to drop wagu coins from like every monster and cashpoints aswell.

I would appreciate if you guys would keep the server up without getting any benefits lol
    Kiddos it reality if you want ur 2 hour till max gear max stat server go ahead create one urself.

• know this is dbog and not tw . So stop comparing^^

Yall really have that much lack of brain?
    If you have a private server or more like the first private server with what tf you want to compare it else?
    Props was trash lets compare with ughhhh revelations? Stop using this nonsense argument, ure literally pointless.
    Of course you use the only reliable reference - DBO TW.

• As someone who has worked on many games before and played games for my entire life I've never understood why people hate a cash shop based economy. We are all adults or at least teens here and I'm sure we all understand nothing in life is free. Games need to cover upkeep cost. I'm interested in hearing what system you would implement to cover upkeep cost.

Based on this thread people think grinding should be the way to earn everything. Do you guys understand that just makes bots king of the economy? No human will ever be better than bots at grinding, so pick your poison. Do you want cash shop to control the economy(at least they pay server cost for you and trade for your zenni) or do you want who can grind the best?( bots rule economy, put extra stress on servers, and don't pay upkeep cost) because I'll tell you right now there is no economic system where a normal player is on top. You can blame cash all you want, but the alternative is worse than you think.

• bots cant grind low level areas. Do you think even if it was implemented, Daneos wont set a quota? Are you that naive? For your information, there are games that literally thrive more with cosmetic selling, its an mmorpg, we want to look different, that sets us apart from other ppl. Never thought of that? If you think cashing to be strong and rich in the game is the only option that Daneos will ever get to make money just means that your not creative enough or aint observant enough to notice the trends in marketing games and how they sell.

• bots cant grind low level areas. Do you think even if it was implemented, Daneos wont set a quota? Are you that naive?

Most people hate fatigue systems and a quota is just a disguised fatigue system. I personally have no problems with them, but don't recommend using them unless you have no better way to control item/money faucets. Feifei and anyone else who supports a grind based system I'd like you all to participate in a game design exercise with me. List every zenni sink and every zenni faucet your ideal dbo would have. Calculate the growth rate and inflation. Then simulate how long it would take for your ideal economy to bust. It is easy for us to all demand this and that when we are not the ones in charge of making all the systems work. If you really want to help make the system better write an entire economic design document. I'm confident most of your models would fail(economy busts) faster than you think. And if the system you want isn't sustainable why would you suggest it?

• bots cant grind low level areas. Do you think even if it was implemented, Daneos wont set a quota? Are you that naive? For your information, there are games that literally thrive more with cosmetic selling, its an mmorpg, we want to look different, that sets us apart from other ppl. Never thought of that? If you think cashing to be strong and rich in the game is the only option that Daneos will ever get to make money just means that your not creative enough or aint observant enough to notice the trends in marketing games and how they sell.

If you're replying to NeroJinous's comment, you've completely missed what he said.

• Most people hate fatigue systems and a quota is just a disguised fatigue system. I personally have no problems with them, but don' recommend using them unless you have no better way to control item/money faucets. Feifei and anyone else who supports a grind based system I'd like you all to participate in a game design exercise with me. List every zenni sink and every zenni faucet your ideal dbo would have. Calculate the growth rate and inflation. Them simulate how long it would take for your ideal economy to bust. It is easy for us to all demand this and that when we are not the ones in charge of making all the systems work. If you really want to help make the system better write an entire economic design document. I'm confident most if your models would fail(economy busts) faster than you think. And if the system you want isn't sustainable why would you suggest it.

Since youre also protecting your ideology, it shouldnt be too adverse to request a detailed analysis from you, correct? As you are so sure that your non sequitur design here feigns to be more successful and fruitful for the server.

• Since youre also protecting your ideology, it shouldnt be too adverse to request a detailed analysis from you, correct? As you are so sure that your non sequitur design here feigns to be more successful and fruitful for the server.

He wouldn't need one as the game is currently up and running with the current cash shop/"donation" set up. I do however agree with the OP that it cost way too much in-game currency to buy the box for bossing event

• But he has no clear data black and white on the current system, no proof whether it will be beneficial or will it be found deficient compared to the actual testers that are playing the game. Feedback as we call when we are designing a system. Yet hes talking off a chicken's backside with nothing to show.

• Since youre also protecting your ideology, it shouldnt be too adverse to request a detailed analysis from you, correct? As you are so sure that your non sequitur design here feigns to be more successful and fruitful for the server.

Yes I could write one, but I'm not the one trying to fix the system although I 100% believe the current system is bad and I actually agree Brown boxes are bad for the economy. It actually makes cashers trade less with non-cashers since they can turn 1 piece of shit gear into good gear instead if trading for the good gear. That being said I have no reason to improve the economy. I don't make money off DBO and if it dies I have other games to play. Yall seem passionate about DBO, so if you want it to stay around maybe you should give constructive well thought out suggestions instead of just half baked desires. I'm just curious how many of you have actually done the calculates before you make demands on the forums.

• As someone who has worked on many games before and played games for my entire life I've never understood why people hate a cash shop based economy. We are all adults or at least teens here and I'm sure we all understand nothing in life is free. Games need to cover upkeep cost. I'm interested in hearing what system you would implement to cover upkeep cost.

Okay, so I'm going to put a slot machine programmed to cheat in my store with items from the store as awards, just because nothing in life is free and I need to earn money to cover costs in some way. Is that some fair way to make money for you?

Attract customers to earn money with innovations and creativity, marketing and others, not putting a system to deceive people and make them spend more money than they should.

• sorry for posted again, but this deserves its own post. The boss box is 100% a bad deal, but that is a good thing. NPC items in an economy make a price ceiling. When inflation does come cashers will start selling boxes for more and more, but they will never be able to sell for higher than NPC merchants. That bad deal boss price actually protects you from hyper inflated box prices while also being high enough that it gives the economy room to set reasonable prices. Low ceilings are bad because they don't allow for any market adjustment or inflation.

• Doubting other multitudes of feedback from capped level players regarding the issue, when they themselves are playing the game. Obscuring the fact that intuition detects issue before the intellectual mind can fathom it. You must be a great designer, discarding any form of feedback and challenging your customer to actually make a detailed analysis on the issue, when you are the person accountable for the project. Collecting data, which the developer has the access to. And he is the only one able to determine the success of the server based on the monthly statistical behavioural patterns of players. The only downfall i see is that cash player's (sigmund feud's) ego is wounded that now that things are farmable, and they will no longer be special which in turns lead them to quitting the game as they feel inferior to others. As some players reasons for playing this game is that they have no recognizable skilld to thrive in other environments so to "procure" their feeling of satisfaction through gaining advantages by means of irl currency.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!