Add Brown Boxes to Cash Shop

• Just a question for you. How do you expect to get the code from retail? There is literally no way to get it except a developer from ntl will give it to you ofc for free =P Also funny how you disregard the hard work Daneos put into this game for the last 3 years. I can see that you have 0 knowledge about this topic.

Please, get your head out of the sand, and stop being so naive.

You can not reverse engineer nothing.

You can not almost perfectly replicate a game in that amount of time without reference material.

When have I ever not acknowledged the work that Daneos has put in, I have complimented it several times on this forum.

• Okay so many of you are against my idea because of the fact that you could sell them and they would become the game’s main currency. I have the solution for that, just make the boxes you buy from cash shop binded, simple...

Well thats change nothing because cashers will sell items with nice effect, and they will get thier equip by brown boxes.

• I think they're thinking of DBOR.

• Who said that he did reverse engineering? He just wrote his own server with his own code with his own database. Don't know why it's that hard to understand? You could reverse engineer the client but he did not have the server he did not have anything to look at only at videos and the knowledge of the community.

• Who said that he did reverse engineering? He just wrote his own server with his own code with his own database. Don't know why it's that hard to understand? You could reverse engineer the client but he did not have the server he did not have anything to look at only at videos and the knowledge of the community.

Well, there is one of 2 ways Emulations of games work.

1) The code is stolen, copied and published as is, or changes are made to the stolen code.

2) The code is studied and reversed engineered allowing you to write your own similar code that is able to produce the same or a similar outcome.

You have just said yourself he could reverse engineer the client? So what on earth are you trying to argue about?

Look, the simple fact of the matter is that reference material has been used. The game is an almost perfect representation of the original. On top of that an enormous amount of work has gone into it from the dev team.

Or are you suggesting that this game was made from absolute zero, and just happens to have the exact same graphics, quests, TLQ, TMQs, armor, weapons, menus, budokai, scramble, dojo wars, same icons for everything etc etc...

Or are you suggesting that the team decided to start writing quests in Chinese after the starter maps?

Or are you suggesting that the community is able to remember every single quest in the game all the way to lvl 70?

Obviously a reference point has been used.

I personally, am delighted to be able to play this game again.

• I think I need to explain you how an online game works. You have your client which will just represent the data that's on your server with visual images, 3d models. It will also check if your actions are allowed to give you a better user experience (this will also be done again on the server to prevent hacking). Your server does all the work. All the logic is on the server. How mobs spawn how to clear a dungeon how to skill everything is on the server.

Also this is not an emulation of a game. It's a real game without any emulation. The client was here he did not change anything on it just that you can use multi client. How this game behaves is on the server and he did the server from scratch.

• I think I need to explain you how an online game works. You have your client which will just represent the data that's on your server with visual images, 3d models. It will also check if your actions are allowed to give you a better user experience (this will also be done again on the server to prevent hacking). Your server does all the work. All the logic is on the server. How mobs spawn how to clear a dungeon how to skill everything is on the server.

Also this is not an emulation of a game. It's a real game without any emulation. The client was here he did not change anything on it just that you can use multi client. How this game behaves is on the server and he did the server from scratch.

What on earth is your argument about.

You have completely contradicted yourself, your now suggesting that he is using the original client? You clearly said originally that this game is not based on the retail version.....

And also:

emulation

ɛmjʊˈleɪʃ(ə)n/
    noun

effort to match or surpass a person or achievement, typically by imitation.
    "their success is inspiring emulation from others"
    COMPUTING

How on earth is this game not an emulation? It is not the original retail game so......?

You wasting your time he wont accept or understand the reality.

• I see a guy who has literally no knowledge about software development and just using google to find some things. I think it's enough you proved already that you don't want to listen. You are just stubborn and want to be right.

• Well thats change nothing because cashers will sell items with nice effect, and they will get thier equip by brown boxes.

and what about crafting? its also easy to get alot materials and craft near max state if u need money. we already have alot zenis and people who even can craft lv 70 on this server now. or are we just talking about legendary items?

• After reading most of your comments, I have come up with another possible solution. Daneos could add Brown Boxes to cash shop as an event once per month only lasting 24hrs. This will increase the amount of boxes in the server and they will be depleting again until the next event 1 month later. I think this will be a great idea since the amount of boxes only increase temporarily and decrease over time afterwards. That will also mean that the price of brown boxes will fluctuate over time and everyone will know when the best time to buy is (during the event due to the massive supply) and when the best time to sell is (3 weeks after the event or so since they are nearly depleted), and adjust accordingly.

• my suggestion would be to add them as normal mob drops like u 55 white stones, if they dont want it in cash shop or the event boss is overpriced. if they would add them in dungeons for example we would have the next problem: not every class is welcome in partys .

Guys, we need to stop this and stop being so toxic among us. I think everyone has good points of view, however there must be respect between us. I understand the frustration of everyone on the brown boxes. But the reality is:

* What makes the economy worse is the "Purchase and sale of cash items by zeny", if all the things in the cash shop were intradeables there would not be this problem and people would only buy cash for their own use and not to generate zeny.

* It is necessary on many occasions to use a lot of brown boxes to get what you want.

My solution:

* The brown boxes must be in the cash shop but like all items here, these need to be intradeables. not only the bind, but intradeables (like shenlong's accessories).

* There needs to be a maximum purchase of brown boxes per week, (I believe that 30 is enough to not create excessive abuse).

* As Kamo mentioned, I agree that the brown boxes are dropped by normal mobs. The only thing that questions me is, from what level ?. since, the map of level 70 does not have so many zones in which it can be farmed, (this problem was presented in the POB by the excess of players farming for hours in the same place). I agree that you must farm or "work" to get what you want, but in this case, if only the mobs at this level drop the boxes, this will become a bigger problem when the cap of lvl 70 arrives. (Maybe the drop should be from the mobs lvl 55 onwards, since papaya mobs are level 60 minimum).

Feel free to comment about it. I want to hear your opinions.
    And excuse my poor English. I hope my message has been understood. :)

• Brown boxes binded? Dont be funny, cashers still can get everything that way. It will be even worse, because it means that f2p players can get it only from event boss. Like someone stated before, we should drop it from dungeons, that should do the trick. With binded boxes, You can have everything and just stand on the plat all day. And we cant obtain anything playing everyday...

• After reading most of your comments, I have come up with another possible solution. Daneos could add Brown Boxes to cash shop as an event once per month only lasting 24hrs. This will increase the amount of boxes in the server and they will be depleting again until the next event 1 month later. I think this will be a great idea since the amount of boxes only increase temporarily and decrease over time afterwards. That will also mean that the price of brown boxes will fluctuate over time and everyone will know when the best time to buy is (during the event due to the massive supply) and when the best time to sell is (3 weeks after the event or so since they are nearly depleted), and adjust accordingly.

you are not that bright sir

1. it will never happen, because the wagu is bringing in more money than if it wasn't gamble

2. Event Box idea may save your butt and provide the server with donations but the server will not last

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!