PvP platform timed wall

• Hey, how about we add a timed invisible wall to the sides of the PvP platform, which you have to walk against for about 3 seconds straight before it lets you through.

This would stop people from rushing in, quickly using their most OP move/debuff and just rushing back out to troll. Or quickly stepping onto the stairs the second they get attacked on the PvP platform, just to abuse invincibility and strike again whenever you're fighting someone else.(Or god forbid fleeing just to ironically trash talk at the side of the arena.)

It'd encourage people to have actual fights rather than just troll, grief and bait each other.

• if you are a devloper or programmer.coder then sure make it if you are not dont try to force thing that never happend

because it is useless to change thing in a pre beta version that nobody needs

if you are in the area you can attack if you not in you can not

why someone would change that

• if you are a devloper or programmer.coder then sure make it if you are not dont try to force thing that never happend

because it is useless to change thing in a pre beta version that nobody needs

if you are in the area you can attack if you not in you can not

why someone would change that

You always post the same shit on the suggestions man. "If you can program here, why would the developers waste their time there..." What's the point of suggestion forum if nobody will do anything? Please delete this section of the forum then.

• I think that's a good idea, but the invisible wall can be quite frustrating for some players who have low fps. In order to stop people from quickly using their most OP move/debuff and just rushing back out to troll or fleeing from the platform from any further fatal attacks. Making a timer where when you enter the platform you'll have to wait for 2-3 seconds before you indulge into combat would be a good idea also, to prevent people from swiftly attack you before you react to them.

All in all, it's up to the developers if they want to implement this idea or not, but thanks for the suggestion.

Regards

• Making a timer where when you enter the platform you'll have to wait for 2-3 seconds before you indulge into combat would be a good idea also, to prevent people from swiftly attack you before you react to them.

That'd partially solve it, though whoever's already in the ring gets to have a massive advantage, and we'd get guilds or parties playing King-of-the-Hill killing everyone entering the ring when they're unable to fight for 3 seconds.(plus, the instant running-away when you're losing thing would still be a thing) It's all just a suggestion, of course. Anything to help screw over trolls and grievers is an improvement in my book. I dunno how possible this'd be for Daneos to even make...

lol thats true....but the thing they do now is as soon as they get stunned or think they'd lose...they log out

Haha, that's quite a punishment for ragequitting, though. Having to log out and log in entirely, only to appear on the platform again with lowered LP and with everybody else seeing your char while you're still in the loading screen. Then just to escape the platform you'd have to run against the wall for 3 seconds to get out. And when people know you just tried to ragequit, you're a veeeery likely target....

• I like this invisable wall idea I don't know how possible it would be to do thou. interms of coding .etc

I think I would also like the return of diminishing equipment's on plat it would teach those go just go on and talk a lesson. and it might also keep the the population on plat down. just an idea feel free to comment keep it civil as always

• But bro, platform is just platform there is nothing to lose there, just you losing patience to some troller. There are better things to do in DBO rather than sitting on platform. Instead of putting walls and things I would prefer a map with open world PvP that would be great.

• That'd partially solve it, though whoever's already in the ring gets to have a massive advantage, and we'd get guilds or parties playing King-of-the-Hill killing everyone entering the ring when they're unable to fight for 3 seconds.(plus, the instant running-away when you're losing thing would still be a thing) It's all just a suggestion, of course. Anything to help screw over trolls and grievers is an improvement in my book. I dunno how possible this'd be for Daneos to even make...

Haha, that's quite a punishment for ragequitting, though. Having to log out and log in entirely, only to appear on the platform again with lowered LP and with everybody else seeing your char while you're still in the loading screen. Then just to escape the platform you'd have to run against the wall for 3 seconds to get out. And when people know you just tried to ragequit, you're a veeeery likely target....

Oh, I meant that the combat mode won't be active until the 2-3 seconds timer ends while you are inside the platform, so they won't be able to attack nor you can attack them.

• If you don't like the way players fight at the platform then you shouldn't go there. Just stick to duels and ranked matches. Daneos isn't going to alter the game to suit players because of escaping/running away from a fight.

Fighting at platform is a choice. If you walk inside the platform you accept the rules of it. It's harmless PVP after all.

• Hello there, i find this idea excellent,that will prevent most of trolls and chicks to spam their chickey attacks,which in some cases,ruins the fun aspect of sort wars or testing skills on groups,3 secs delay to enter and 3 secs delay to get out...

I'm not a fan of pvp in DBO,cause the biggest issue with it,is the uncontrolled drama that brings,if there is anything that can put it down,i'm with it,so Mr.Echoson you had a great idea there.

*Technically speaking ''coding'' it wont be difficult to achieve,as of the codes are already there,i'm not saying it wont be need to create new s an addition of time glance,but still achievable.

This under section of suggestions, is a room for improvements and testing new things,after ''retail'' version of the game,none should be judgmental by the current version,we share thoughts,because we all belong in this crappy addiction called ''DBO'' and i believe we all want the best for it...

*by saying: its already there,i mean the system has walls to turn you on,into pvp,so there is a gap there to put a delay buff and an active pvp or even make the walls to give all players countdown,i personally have knowledge of coding,as i was coding early 90's,but i wasn't that good and since then i changed my career,also i am really busy to check what actually needs to be done,i am speaking by the sight of things and i dont say,that it's easy.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!