Why do DoTs turn off when leaving plat?

• Should DoT's always be active, even when People leave the PvP Platform? 46

The result is only visible to the participants.

I know this comes very late because this feature is enabled since like atleast 2 months, BUT why is it like that?

I can see fighters jump in, needle jump out.. I feel like DoTs on Plat should be the same like before.

People will argue with "It's just plat". Exactly. That's why there is no reason to disable the killing with DoTs, even when people flee from the platform.

What do you think?

• I voted no, because I personally think that platform is not an "important" part of the game, and whatever happens inside platform, should stay on platform.

The class that has time to DoT the person (the one who's running down) could also get time to paralyse / freeze / movelock the person.

But it's really like "meh" because even if you die outside, nothing really happens, so..

• I voted no, because I personally think that platform is not an "important" part of the game, and whatever happens inside platform, should stay on platform.

The class that has time to DoT the person (the one who's running down) could also get time to paralyse / freeze / movelock the person.

But it's really like "meh" because even if you die outside, nothing really happens, so..

Well for a game that really has nothing fun atm except Budokai, it's taking away the fun of some classes such as crane, because they are one of the squishiest classes in-game and barely have any CC Skills to keep people on platform.

• Well for a game that really has nothing fun atm except Budokai, it's taking away the fun of some classes such as crane, because they are one of the squishiest classes in-game and barely have any CC Skills to keep people on platform.

As much as I agree with this, the development and current server state is meant to be kept / reworked on the open beta server, where we will probably have better stuff to do, than bleeding others as a crane, but that's kinda out of the topic.

I am not denying that your point is fair, but in my personal opinion, this "change" doesn't matter too much.

• I vote against it, since it is lame that anyone with DOT's, bold or any DOT in-game, dash in, DOT someone and everyone and leave.

If that can be done, then dashing out to disable dot is normal too.

Plus armor breaks if you die outside and if you want real pvp, do ranked or budokai or dojo wars.

Cheers.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Was it like this in the official game?:/

• People also complain about those pesky hit and run fighters though

Trust me, if it can be done, it would be done too.

That is, Dev working on it, and it might be done in future, we will see.

But right know there are way important things to fix than this, don't you think soo mate.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• This change is unfair for SK/Cranes.

People also complain about those pesky hit and run fighters though

To be honest there should be a PVP zone instead of that small area, the whole server bunched up together near a 5cm x 5cm platform and it gives a huge fps drop and make the game boring and unplayable and of course you don't see anybody fighting in the middle of the arena they all step and fight near the entrance and run away as soon as they can.

In DBO TW it was more there was more than 1 server which means less people = less FPS drop and players used to fight and step in the middle of the arena.

It would be cool if we had a PVP zone like some kind of jungle or something.

• PVP Map, where killing people give you 10 mudosa points and if someone kill you, you lose 5 points.

It would be cool to see haha.

But yea it wouldn't be fair for other classes, only crane and SK would benefit from this.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• love that idea eschan! u have my support

• It shouldn't matter if this update predominantly affects shadow knights and cranes, it was mainly targeted at all DoT skills in general, and they aren't the only two classes that contain DoT skills. This was a general update that was for intended for all classes with all abilities with DoT skills, and was made to prevent players from dying outside of platform.

Logically, a player should only take damage when they are in combat mode. When a player leaves the PVP platform (arena), they should exit combat mode which should disable all abilities in relation to combat including DoTs.

A player can still die in platform and to DoT skills as long as they are in platform.

Back in DBO retail there was also death debuff which was removed, it was pretty frustrating and punishing to all players who died outside of platform only to receive that debuff.

• yea man that debuff was a cancer makes you a paper,but thanks to our developer DBO will become a better game !

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!