Should there be multiple DBOG servers? Or possibly even more channels?

• There is no way a private server would ever have multiple servers. The community is quite big for a pserver but it would be counterproductive to split the playerbase on servers. I think more than 2 but less than 5 channels would be a good solution, especially for events such as dragonball hunting 2 channels is not enough for 1k players.

• Feel like there should definitely be multiple DBOG servers, I may not have much going for me as a member of the community (yet.) or the experience to back it, I should say, but having multiple servers in different locations is never a bad thing with a community of this size, it'll help people find the balance they need, where they need it as far as latency, and ping goes, and it'll also help unload some of the stress off of the one server that exist now.

• Hello,

There are currently 9 channels:

cOdpEap.png

There wasn't particular stress previously and I think it's fair to say this increase will be able to host the new and old players that were waiting for the Open Beta. Even if the situation changes, I don't think it would be a massive change as the game, as much as I love it, is outdated and somehow niche even if DB universe is mainstream. If there is actual stress on the server further measures will be taken, but this isn't the case and won't be in the short future.

• Just going to comment on this by saying that there was a particular amount of stress on the server that did cause character skipping, particularly noticeable within quest like crawling turtle, where the game would literally freeze for multiple seconds at a time, and then NPCs would teleport to different locations, it's not computer or ping lag either, unless it's a massive ping spike which then drops back to normal levels, either way, it does happen already quite often.

• Just going to comment on this by saying that there was a particular amount of stress on the server that did cause character skipping, particularly noticeable within quest like crawling turtle, where the game would literally freeze for multiple seconds at a time, and then NPCs would teleport to different locations, it's not computer or ping lag either, unless it's a massive ping spike which then drops back to normal levels, either way, it does happen already quite often.

Maybe your hardware is ok but your settings aren't. I'm currently playing on an average laptop with a low bandwith connection and having a good gameplay so far. As a matter of fact, usually high-end builds tend to have issues with the game considering how old it is (you can confirm this by doing a quick search on the forums).

• Maybe your hardware is ok but your settings aren't. I'm currently playing on an average laptop with a low bandwith connection and having a good gameplay so far. As a matter of fact, usually high-end builds tend to have issues with the game considering how old it is (you can confirm this by doing a quick search on the forums).

There any fixes for this then?

• There any fixes for this then?

Yes, we've got different feedback, but it will also depend on your setup (as what you encounter might happen for different reasons). I give you one general fix from Kakarot a while ago: For those having recent lag\freeze issues since last update try this.

There is a lot of feedback on forum. We can also try and work out your issue if you give us your specs through our support system ( https://forum.dboglobal.to/ticketsystem/ ). Troubleshooting can sometimes take a while because it's mostly trial and error (considering the multiple possible settings that players have) but I trust we can manage something so you can have a better game experience in DBOG.

Holy crap I can't believe this poll actually convinced them lmao. Well unless he was going to do it regardless of this poll >.>

We already planned having more channels for OB launch, more servers was not considered for most of reasons stated on other replies to this thread,

• Noticing that most servers become full up to; "Busy".
    There are some times where there are multiple Full Channels. I think that, having another server would be helpful for players who just want to level without walking into a channel full of shops in the centre.

• Noticing that most servers become full up to; "Busy".
    There are some times where there are multiple Full Channels. I think that, having another server would be helpful for players who just want to level without walking into a channel full of shops in the centre.

"oh no people are actively playing this game better quit"

• Chill. Some of those channels now will disappear after like 7 months - 1 year after lvl 70 cap got released. Some ppl will quit or take a break which will never end (resulting into quitting). Daneos will see that and start closing down channels. Pretty sure we won't have that many channels forever. One Server is better. United Community and sh*t you know? xD

Also no need for channels for individual languages lol. Just write in your language. People who speak the same as yours will respond anyways.

This is a Signature. Thanks for reading.

You learned nothing.

Wasted your time.

Also thanks for reading all the way

down here.

Enjoy the emoticon.

:whistling:

*got f*cked hard by Upgrading on July 8th 2018*

d5ao5rb.gif

• Ummh.. I dont think it's not gonna be like this.
    The game is expected to grow.
    When the game actually launches, professional gamers would start to pay more attention to it and it would eventually be too much.
    3e29f1ee3ce41dd9626d908861ad87d4.png

nah right now the server is so busy because everyone leaves his character with shop overnight and also everyone is excited for the game :) once the game passes lv 45 cap things will start to look normal again the people who really wanted to play dbo already started to play .

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!