Wipe or Not?

• Hear me out.

I PERSONALLY believe a server wipe would be the right way to go. With that mentioned, this would only be the case IF AND WHEN Daneos implements some sort of anti-cheat system.

If you look at the current state of the game - it's both unfair for both cashers and F2P players for numerous reasons. I don't think cashers are the god-tier players that F2P imagine them to be:

- The cash shop is much 'worse' for value compared to POB or Retail. If you don't believe me look around on Youtube.

- Botters and Cheaters.

I'm going to elaborate on the second point. There are people out there in this community who bot, bug and even purchase zeni. Legit players, despite whether they are cashers or not are simply shafted by all of this. For example, a CC91F ticket is very powerful and one alone is worth $20. Yet, with the currency conversion rate of $1 for 10kk, people can purchase enough zeni for this ticket by not even spending a whole $10.

The purchasing and selling of zeni is fu*king the entire economy as a whole and it really isn't made obvious to most players. With a couple of dollars someone can purchase lots of gear, stones or whatever they wish. Compare this to F2P who have to grind or Cashers who have to spend a larger amount of money for less than they're getting.

Botters as everyone knows can gather a large quantity of stones over night, and hey they might even get a few good drops at that. Botting or trading zeni alone makes it sooooo damn easy for these cheaters to become 'top-tier' players almost overnight. With any stones left over, they can make even more zeni and hold it for whatever.

Now, imagine that there are cheaters out there who both BOT AND BUY ZENI.

I'm not sure why people are acting like the 70 Cap will miraculously save the state of the game. The economy will still be absolute trash, with a single box going from 3kk to 15kk. Who knows what it'll be worth in a month, heck even a couple of week's time.

People don't really understand that +15 CC90 or 100 60 cap will still absolutely trash people around in the 70 cap. Every five minutes someone is making an upgrade to +15, after upgrade after upgrade. They duplicate their stones almost infinitely so there is no way in hell you won't get top tier upgrades, it is percentages after all. So, even if you're a free to play player; when these cheaters keep their overpowered gear that is still of use in the next cap and your amazingly mediocre gear becomes absolutely ass you'll be wishing for this wipe too.

Yes, the anti-bot system will stop all of this botting and what not.

But, do you really think that will magically save the state of the game? Many of these botters are complete idiots, but there are still a large number of people that will transfer all their goodies to alt accounts that they won't even touch until 70 cap. Here is a good time to mention buggers too.

These buggers are prepared for the next cap Everything you can sell in a Private Shop up until now HAS been duplicated - I can almost gurantee that. All these precious dogis, gear, tickets, boxes etc. have been duplicated. So, when you get obliterated by a full CC150 +15 (since White U70s are in the game and could've been easily duplicated) boxed max stats bugger don't be surprised. They'll have such a jump on you it'll be unbelievable. But not if there's a wipe, where we all start fresh on a clean slate.

Sure, you can't bot for stones anymore. But their current gear and large amount of stones they have tucked away will still sell for a hell of a lot of zeni, and once they cash that in before 70 cap they'll gear themselves even better than before.

In the end, F2P players and Cashers alike will get fu*ked because now, your gear has no worth. You have nothing to trade for it either; U60s and the like becoming almost useless in the 70 cap. If you're really F2P, I don't see how you're surviving nowadays anyway with prices like 100kk for a Gogeta Dogi in the AH right now, but with a wipe and anti cheat you'll be able to get things easier than before.

But now think, if you have both the anti-bot system and a server wipe, what would that mean???

- Yes, you will lose your amazing gear that you care so preciously about.

- Yes, you will lose all of your valuables such as dogis and zeni and gear.

- Yes, you will ultimately have to grind back to having any self worth.

Isn't that the point of this game? This is a Korean MMORPG, and I'm certain that Koreans absolutely love their grind. There is no endgame because the game was never finished, and who knows if it ever will be. If you don't like it, nobody is forcing you to play. And trust me, I know how irritable a grind back up from 0 would be. We all do.

But don't be selfish and think of the positives - They are nothing without these cheats, and if you strip that away from them DBO itself will be cleansed of all this dirt. Not only will these cheaters be UNABLE to bot for stones, and be UNABLE to sell zeni because nobody has any, and UNABLE to duplicate for more worth, but it also cleans up the mess of an economy.

It cleans up the game.

just my opinion btw

• so thats where your interest lies, you dont care about a char or item wipe, you just dont want ppl to have a easier time by using money ?

my interest lies ? i think we have a miss understanding , when a wipe came at the end of POB WE ( free to play 0 cash ) started from nothing i personally farmed like a mad man for a week ( lvl 29 ) to get z34 it was soooo hard and borring , then i kept farming to get as much u70's as possible to stock them then it got changed for boxes i was a bit pissed off but it was the best thing to do ( remouve stones ) , what i'am trying to say is that i tryhard to get what i have instead of using my monney , so when someone come with a " Hi , What about a new wipe " i will get tilted

NOTE : 100% of f2p players that are a bit advanced won't agree with this

• even thou i voted yes to the wipe .I think this would bring too much drama to the community and cause a massive left of the games true players.

hopefully the team can clean this up before the damage gets erreplaceable :(

• no words can be said after this ❤️

• Sure, a item wipe would make some people quit.

But if bots get removed, the game will be so much better after a item wipe.

And in long term, players will return , because game and economy is much better.

Yes players who cashed will return but the players who actually spent all their farming will not come back.

I know a lot of players who were only playing because they had no school/university at that time and now it's time for most people to go back to school.

• The problem with a wipe is that cashers will grt their cash points back while others won't get their "farming" time back.

Furthermore bots will still exist even with gameguard. What we need first is a strategy to catch bots fast without missing even one of them. After that we need proper game balance. I'm not talking about pvp balance. I'm talking about not making this game to easy so people won't get full +15 in one month otherwise we will end up in this situation again after a few months. Lastly if everything is done we need a full server wipe.

My opinion:

We won't ever have a good strategy against bots, cheats because the dbog team is just missing to much knowledge + Daneos does not have the time to do it alone.

The game balance I'm talking about will never take place because people are crying and saying "Hardcore farming systems are killing mmos" but that's the only thing dbo has to offer. Sadly because of this community which tries to put the concepts of "modern" mmorpgs into dbog this game is just dying.

Conclusion:

RIP DBO

• We won't ever have a good strategy against bots, cheats because the dbog team is just missing to much knowledge + Daneos does not have the time to do it alone.

Close trade/mailing and private shop systems that are used mainly by hackers for dupe items and bots for selling items/zeni leave just market place thats all, here will be no bots if they wont be not able to sell thier zeni, look at new games that coming out or look at black desert where you can trade only potions, here is no bots because they can't trade/send the money to buyer

• Close trade/mailing and private shop systems that are used mainly by hackers for dupe items and bots for selling items/zeni leave just market place thats all, here will be no bots if they wont be not able to sell thier zeni, look at new games that coming out or look at black desert where you can trade only potions, here is no bots because they can't trade/send the money to buyer

Yeah but it's stupid to make the game experience worse just because you suck at handling bots.

• Yeah but it's stupid to make the game experience worse just because you suck at handling bots.

Here is actualy no real way for stop bots they will always find a way to come back until they are able to gain profit from game. Even official relase had problems with them and here was game guard, even games like lol, wow, black desert still have problems with hackers and they have advanced game guards.

I used trade in this game maybe few times, 2 when i waas buying brown box and 3 times when someone was showing me his stuff, i dont feel like my gameplay will be worse maybe harder because i wont be able to lend money because of that, but at least i will be sure that we pushing bots to corner, here will be no bots if they wont be able to sell thier shit.

Game guard is like antivirus
    DearestAchingFrillneckedlizard-size_restricted.gif

• Here is actualy no real way for stop bots they will always find a way to come back until they are able to gain profit from game. Even official relase had problems with them and here was game guard, even games like lol, wow, black desert still have problems with hackers and they have advanced game guards.

I used trade in this game maybe few times, 2 when i waas buying brown box and 3 times when someone was showing me his stuff, i dont feel like my gameplay will be worse maybe harder because i wont be able to lend money because of that, but at least i will be sure that we pushing bots to corner, here will be no bots if they wont be able to sell thier shit.

Game guard is like antivirus
    DearestAchingFrillneckedlizard-size_restricted.gif

This is exactly my point. Even an inventory wipe would be fine - it would stop the selling and buying of zeni and destroy any chance of cheating using alternate accounts that botters, buggers and duplicators have cleverly hidden.

Some people are also saying that we should just have a wipe of people with highly upgraded gear - yet I can name a few legitimate players and to only target them would be selfish. In the end, everyone would benefit from any form of wipe.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!