Why DBOG is still P2W (right now)

• There are 2 reasons. First off.

Recovery Auto Potions. These "luxury items" have been the most ridiculous "pay to win" items I have ever seen in a long time. Is your team not strong enough for that TMQ/UD? Get a "luxury" recovery potion and you'll all easily survive what killed you before! Pitting off 2 Shadow Knights against each other with the exact same +15 gear? The Shadow Knight with the "luxury" autopot will win in EVERY SINGLE CASE. Heck, I've seen plenty of players solo TMQs and UDs they would've never been able to solo without these cash-exclusive steroids.

On top of this they are also terribly imbalanced as they recover ALL your LP instead of a set portion. This makes LP tanks invincible whilst making a far smaller impact on anyone that isn't LP-based. Of every item in the game, these autopots shouldn't just be removed from the cash shop, but be removed from the game entirely and burn in a blazing fire. Yes, I hate them that much. :thumbdown:

Second.

Dogi Balls. These Cash Shop exclusive items can be put onto your dogi/hair/mask/halo/etc to give you a boost in stats. Other than pretty much forcing you to wear dogi parts, someone who doesn't cash is missing out on a potential 40+ CON. And when 2 similar Swordsmen face off and one has 40+ CON over the other, we can guess who's gonna win. Making Dogi Ball boosts smaller would just be reducing symptons, not actually taking care of the problem. It's best that these be made in-game obtainable, or better yet, get removed since nobody wants to be forced to wear a silly hat, mask, halo, etc. just to be efficient.

------------------

Buying Equipment Boxes and even Upgrade Stones are really overpowered ways to get ultimate endgame gear, but with much time and grinding someone can achieve the same results. But so long as people can buy Dogi Balls and Recovery Auto Potions, no amount of hard work can overcome the power of cashers, and they will always win through paying. It's true "Pay 2 Win".

I don't know what the plans for DBOG's Open Beta Cash Shop are, but so long as Recovery Auto Potions and Dogi Balls exist, it'll objectively remain P2W. And if Founder's Titles end up getting exclusive stat boosts rather than the same stat boosts of already existing titles, then that will have added another small P2W layer onto the game.

• I actually agree with this. Back in old DBO there was a bug (or not) where players would swap out a used Recovery Pot for a fresh one to make sure they would stay healthy, and this was in Budokai. Even if that doesn't occur in DBOG, they still provide no balance since, as EchoSon said, the one with the pot is the one who will win (unless both players have them). Dogi balls are just ridiculous period, and I want to be able to dress my character without worry of stats.

• for me i want the original game back
    and all this item are from the original game and have almost the same price,
    the original game was p2w and this game it ist too
    so why a you cry?

nobody force you to buy items!

if you dont like it go away!

• T^T Not these threads again...

To be honest, I used to protect the game and say that it isn't P2W, but it still kinda is!

There is not denying how RAPID you can do work with the money and how powerful you can get so easily.

All I remember from the last 3 posts that mentioned P2W is that Daneos said that the Cash Shop will be edited in a much more "less P2W" way.

and yet another person misspells the title xD

• Dbo is the only game i have seen that is 100 % F2P for the auto Pot you can drop it in chest the chest can bee droped in a mobs to have key chest you have to buy it in the token shop any way all what you said is Usless

• you guys should ask yourself,how long do you think Daneos can sustain a server by himself?,with no one giving him a penny.

True, all F2P game have a little bit of pw2. But I also do not believe that it is worth everything, there has to be a limit to where a player who pays can have an advantage over one who does not pay to make the game "healthy".
    I think it's about what EchoSon was emphasizing not about having something p2w, but yes about how big the gap is between who pays and who does not.

But anyway as they said this is still a pre-open beta correct? Things can still change.

• You see... every item that You can buy for real money, example dogi/clock, and sell it on AH for zenni is P2W.

If all items in Cash Shop would be bound automatically, that everyone will be force to donate server if want CS item + everyone must grind for Stones/items on TMQ and not just straight buy 100 brown boxes and get bonus he want.

• It's really hard to start these kind of threads without starting controversy. I want to apologize for that....I'm not one of these people that's "too good" to Cash, and I understand VERY well how important donations are to help keep up Daneos' server. Once the Open Beta starts, I'll surely toss in some money too.

But I just wanted to point out WHAT items makes the Cash Shop pay to win. I'd hate to see ACTUAL luxury items like paid Upgrade Stones or Pet Evolve stones go away, while leaving the real bad guys, AutoPots, untouched. There's a difference between saving grinding hassles for lazy people, and giving blatant cash-exclusive steroids to help cashers cheat against non-cashers.

I feel even if these overpowered Autopots are removed, many people would still be attracted to Equipment Boxes, Z32 Bag upgrades, Upgrade Stones, and the like. They make a huge impact on the game and how much less they need to grind for "perfect stuff" without letting them achieve a plateau hard workers literally can not. And I think that's only fair for everyone.

The only difference between p2w & f2p players is... The f2p ones have to farm for gear, so go out there and do so, stop crying. At least you aren't giving money.

Aaaand you missed my whole point. ...or didn't even read my post. :thumbdown:

You see... every item that You can buy for real money, example dogi/clock, and sell it on AH for zenni is P2W.

If all items in Cash Shop would be bound automatically, that everyone will be force to donate server if want CS item + everyone must grind for Stones/items on TMQ and not just straight buy 100 brown boxes and get bonus he want.

If anything that makes it LESS Pay to Win since now someone without cash can get cash-"exclusive" items. Even if cashers get much faster zeni to buy weapons and upgrade stones that way, it merely speeds up their progress. Progress which any player could achieve by spending enough time and effort. It doesn't put Cashers on a plateau no other player could hope to reach like Autopots.

• i say remove autopots as a pvp item. right now ill admit i do use it for pvp because its available but to be honest it should only be an pve item at best(for open beta). or removed completely if daneos agrees.

dogi balls are an interesting thing, i admit there should be a way for non cashiers to gain dogi balls like in an event similar to dark devil, if not then just like echo son they should be removed for open beta.

as of right now we are in pre open beta so them remaining there until open beta is fine and dandy to me but hey thats my opinion

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!