DW got Nerf, nerf and nerf again..

• I know the purpose of the beta is TEST, but you can TEST without delete the currents Skills or annulling their effects.. now i ask again.. for ex. why u dont test/recalculate the boldstrike annulling the bleed effect???

Im looking for balance, the state in the server is Beta but its open for every people and people wants balance! So please Daneos rollback and add the LP% to DWs Skill, please.

Ps: And now daneos get vacations ? gg DW.

It wasn't deleted as a test, it was temporarily disabled because it was bugged. Just as a fix was needed when LP Drain from SK one shotted, it was fixed. That time it was easier because it's only a drain, in DP case it's a % calc on damage so the skill is a bit more complex (I won't get into more details because I am not in charge of that). Your example has no foundation, bleed effect is also quite simple compared to the heal % on damage, and yes bleeds have had tweaks. DP has had many fixes and none were correct that is why it has been disabled because it's a quite unstable skill to work on, thus tests are only to be run on DEV server until we get Something better (just like what happened before with crane skills, which are among the more complex skills compared to other classes).

You have any complains against the man taking some days off? Develop please, I'm all ears.

Keep nerfing! Didn't you nerfed fighter, swordsman and crane? Good

No class is complete yet, they all have many things to be fixed and thus we have to get out of this nerf/buff mentality. Right now it's fixes and tests, the reason it's called a TEST server and not a FULL GAME YET.

I ask all of you guys: would you complain to a constructor who builds a house for you that your room is windy when it is half built? Would that be logical to you? What do you think would be the constructor's reply?

I really think (and hope)we can have a conversation in here, but if we aren't on the same page that seems unlikely.

• I dont think you all understand that this DP disabled wasn't intentional by the Devs....its most likely a side effect of the new update and they said they're working on it.....DWs are fine at pve and PvP....but its harder for PvP, but I mean, look at Sendoku's DW vids....if thats not an amazing class then idk....

On a side note, at lol 70 energy seige can do 3k average....that isn't OP upgrades.....so thats already almost full health....with 4 mobs is more than full.

• DW needs a buff imo. It's useless for everything except PvE and UD3.

Yeah its pretty useless in all aspects, its shit in CC cause you cant control aggro. The low CD of powerful roar is useless because taunts are affected by diminishing returns.

SK aoe taunt has a bigger aoe of 35m reduces E dmg by 25%, SK has aggro increase skill by 1000,

SK have 2 DOTs to keep boss aggro, and Steal life isn't even working properly, the drain is supposed to be based on their phy def so upgraded axe will do like 700-1k Abosrb/DOT.

Yeah Demon wave max with RP is a 800 dmg burn in a cone radius and energy siege can be spammed, but a Kame and typhoon or even buffer spins outclass them.

All of DW phy attacks are useless besides dragon strike which has a long animation, and he only has 96 str at lvl 70 less than ultimate majin and chef....

The only thing SK doesnt have is full LP heal, high block rate, better defense, better defense rate, and more health. Violent Slice+ Destruct wave outclass energy siege and destruct wave costs a mere 350 lp while dragons protection is 4000... lol. All SK need is good gears and bam they are better tanks. I dont want SK nerfs, only DW buff.

And for UD3 hard turtles can easily just 1 shot the room.

You know a class is shit when Poko is a way better tank than you.

• Wow, so i wanted to create a grinding char, my namek is already 30, so definitely not recommended to choose DW?

• Wow, so i wanted to create a grinding char, my namek is already 30, so definitely not recommended to choose DW?

Well with Punishment Dark Warrior is a fast farmer as you dont have to rest and can maintain the LP part of Kaioken easily, all you need is EP pots and special beam cannon, and energy siege will finish off any mobs that survived.

I'm assuming SK can farm quite fast with Violent slice+Self Destruct Wave but i wont make SK for POB.

But DW in POB is really annoying since two of the most important features of the class dont work: Blockrate, and Punishment.

You know how some mobs can chain KD you until you die or log out? Blockrate allows you to block those skills and reduce the dmg from them, and DW naturally have a high blockrate and even that buff to increase it by 2000.

One of my good friends played DW in HK and i always thought it was a baller class cause of how they could take on 100000 mobs and not die.

• I thought that in order to use Dragons' pledge you needed to mantain R, so, kinda useless, i thought that because of that nobody included dragon's pledge on any build. Like hunt tons of mobs, aggro 'em, and guard till someone else kills them. But if Block rate works other way, then it would be great.

• I dont think you all understand that this DP disabled wasn't intentional by the Devs....its most likely a side effect of the new update and they said they're working on it.....DWs are fine at pve and PvP....but its harder for PvP, but I mean, look at Sendoku's DW vids....if thats not an amazing class then idk....

On a side note, at lol 70 energy seige can do 3k average....that isn't OP upgrades.....so thats already almost full health....with 4 mobs is more than full.

Well, obviously you didn't play dw, just a video watcher..., sendoku videos are very far from the truth, he just throws people from the arena, in a real fight he has no chance, or you didn't pay attention to the fact that he was wearing no armor and bad weapons?, also he used confusion to charge rp, dark warrior without rp is done.

Sendoku did those videos when we couldn't get mudosa accesories...,, so confusion wasn't decreased.

If you are going to say something about a class, at least play it first.

• I agree with cosmos, altjoight I haven't played the character....and

Well, obviously you didn't play dw, just a video watcher..., sendoku videos are very far from the truth, he just throws people from the arena, in a real fight he has no chance, or you didn't pay attention to the fact that he was wearing no armor and bad weapons?, also he used confusion to charge rp, dark warrior without rp is done.

Sendoku did those videos when we couldn't get mudosa accesories...,, so confusion wasn't decreased.

If you are going to say something about a class, at least play it first.

what is "a real fight", if not ranked....even with modusa accessories, confusion should still last a brief period of time....the point is that with enough practice...any DW can be good in PvP, as shown in sendoku's vids....the only thing keeping you back is gear...and that comes with hard work. One more thing...I dont have to play the class to know its good at PvP....I've seem great pvp DWs I'm dbog amlnd fought them so it is possible.

• He has a point about sendokus' videos. the tactics there won't work AS well now that accessories and other skill bonuses work.

However in DBOKR there were DW players who won the solo Budokai now and again. so they can be used for PvP.

One more thing...I dont have to play the class to know its good at PvP....I've seem great pvp DWs I'm dbog amlnd fought them so it is possible.

• What DW needs, is just fixing on that healing skill.

Dragon's Punishment needs to be fixed, soo the best and easy way would be to make it as state dmg.

Why as state dmg?

It is mostly because DW have really low dmg soo that DW can heal and tank with bad weapons too.

I would improve Dragon's Punishment a bit too, at max level it should heal 2k HP per mob and 1k EP per mob.

This would be the best thing for DW as his biggest problem is EP, mostly.

This way DW would get HP and EP back soo for farming we would have 3 cool classes.

1. Turtle - EPIC dmg one

2. Plasma - Medium dmg (even tho his dmg is close to turtle)

3. DW - Low dmg but ability for non stop grind.

Soo we all would get really nice choice, if you want fast killing go turtle or karma, or if you want to don't give af and grind with np, go with DW.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• I indeed love DW. But EP healing as well as LP healing from the skill is too much. Plus, EP is not DW's biggest problem, either. You can handle the problem by yourself without fixing the skill (I won't explain how). I do agree that the skill must be based on state dmg, but I don't see any point for no need to upgrade claw only for the healing purpose. I don't mind Draconic Protection costing 4000 LP, either. It doesn't really matter. All you need is CD, at least 63%, at best 67-8%, to be a good tank. In most cases in any dungeon or on field, you don't use any other attack skills than Energy Siege.

I do agree, however, with SHEEN that DW needs buff(s)/skill(s) that have better practical effects. That is not just because I love/main DW, but because of balancing purposes. If this is truly a TEST server and we agree DW is one of the least-popular classes, why don't we test to make it the best tank in the game as that's what it is supposed to be?

In comparison between DW and some other (possible) tanks, it is not even arguable that DW doesn't have advantages to play for a tank in a party. DW can indeed tank if you have good enough CD. No question. HOWEVER, people don't want to have it in a party just because having a different tank is always better/easier/faster to clear dungeons. If SK's AoE taunt has a way much wider range PLUS energy attack decrease by 25%, why not 25% decrease of physical attack for DW's narrower-ranged AoE taunt? Why not boost up defense by 50-100% from the Protection skill, for example? Why not increase the duration of taunt skills if other classes have a longer duration? Why not charge RP when using a certain skill so that it can use an RP effect to tank safely in CCBD even when SM has the skill for PvP purpose?

I am telling you guys this because as I see it many people seem to believe this server has to be the same as retail as much as possible when they are emphasizing this is a TEST server and balancing classes is one of their top priorities. Do you really think DW will become popular in OB? I believe it is very unlikely. This is a test sever.

*Please do not complain about Draconic Punishment having been temporarily disabled. It was bugged, guys. We should wait until it will get hopefully fixed soon.

• The problem is that DW CANT mantain aggro as well as SK. Even tho the Pve one is the DW. And i do not complain about punishment but dragons pledge, disastrous blow, ep useless passive, cyclone and whirlwind stupid damage. You just cant go phys Dw bc of that. Where is the variability at? The taunt is not even that big nor that long to be good, IMO, SK aggro buff should be from DW, nice that you can resist attacks but if they dont focus on you whats the point?

• The problem is that DW CANT mantain aggro as well as SK. Even tho the Pve one is the DW. And i do not complain about punishment but dragons pledge, disastrous blow, ep useless passive, cyclone and whirlwind stupid damage. You just cant go phys Dw bc of that. Where is the variability at? The taunt is not even that big nor that long to be good, IMO, SK aggro buff should be from DW, nice that you can resist attacks but if they dont focus on you whats the point?

Very good point. I agree with you and Sheen in terms of the variability and the comparison between DW and SK. It is true that you can get aggro by spamming Energy Siege, but it is ridiculous that that is nearly the only skill effective to maintain aggro. This in turn means CD is the only choice, making all the other gearing almost useless. No variability: easy to play, but much less fun. No valance: much less popularity of the class. Pledge is also a problem, but I understand it must be hard to make it work right. Can only hope that will work in OB.

• sSMETESs I am sure you already know that SK and DW are dif type of tanks.

SK is boss killing tank while DW is mob killing tank.

Mostly why there is no room for DW in parties is cuz of Turtle, since turtle take care of mobs faster and better than DW would.

Still, I was as SK with DW in party for CC and I can tell you that in my eyes, DW is good, just fixing healing skill and he is already good mob tank.

DW never was made to tank bosses, while SK is.

Why I say that?

It is simple, check skills: Life Steal, Curse, Bleed.

It is good vs bosses who spam stuns, kd's and confusion since DMG still going by dot's, while only DOT skill DW have is burn...

DW on another had, can tank unlimited number of mobs if really good geared and he needs less support than SK, since SK use stun 1st and self destruct that already take him 1k HP (needs to be lvl3 maxed if you want dmg) and when mobs attacks him white it charge, he lose a lot of more HP.

Soo it really simple, DW is mobs, ultra mobs and such, while SK is boss tank.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• He has a point about sendokus' videos. the tactics there won't work AS well now that accessories and other skill bonuses work.

However in DBOKR there were DW players who won the solo Budokai now and again. so they can be used for PvP.

This is false.

Only one DW won aura, it was 2nd place "Scrancher", and that was because KR had pets skills which gave anticrit etc.

Please do not post false informations.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!