Suggestion for upcoming gear-bind system

• First I want to throw out there I'm not against the upcoming gear-bind update, this is just a suggestion to make things more efficient.

Why not make it so you simply can never trade any level 60 or higher gear that's ever been +12 or higher? So long as unseal coins are a thing, especially if they'll drop in dungeons, scamming will merely take a bit more effort than usual. You'll only slow scammers and +15 dupers down rather than stopping them outright. I also think this is less harsh towards all players except the ones who buy +15 gear with real money, but you don't need to care about players actively draining money away from you.

Unfortunately, I guess since Mudosa accessories can't be upgraded, nothing can be done about them. I have no suggestions for that.

I want this topic to be focused on alternative suggestions first and foremost. Please leave out any comments that would just be blind complaining/raging with no suggestions or substance.

• But dont forget not every single trade level 60+ with +10 and higher is a scam 90% if trades if not more go smoothly with no problems so it does not seem right to do this and affect 90%+ of the community

Yeah, it's inconvenient. But the devs haven't been able to program a truly scam/dupe-proof system. They're only human, so they have to take shortcuts like this. And when it comes down to either lvl60+ players having the luxury to throw +15 gloves back and forth between their alts, or having suddenly infinite +15s in the world(And letting only the shady duplicators profit from them)....it should be obvious.

Once +15s happen and they're allowed to spread, the game might as well shut down. Both PvP and PvE are 100% trash now because of that, and it'll be the same in the Open Beta if we do nothing.

Please, do come up with your own ideas to solve the issue rather than just complain.

• Had a whole new set-up change in my head.

F#CK the upgrade system till they have a decent system working. Keep it for now but here's a couple of changes I suggest.

1. Have instances drop upgraded gear. Usually at the end of a boss fight.

2. The volume of the upgraded item depends on level, difficultly and perhaps party count ( # of members are in party)

For example: TMQ4 drops lvl 47-52 gear which could reach the maximum of let's say; +7 in upgrades. The stats don't pertain to me, but a decent draw regardless. It can definitely be suitable for someone else.

Personally, the highest upgraded gear that may drop should cap at +10. And that's through endgame, hardcore PvE/PvP.

3. Actually gives people a reason to enter instances.

4. You could do the same with Dogis. Rarity of Dogi depends on instance and difficulty level. Format resembles DBXV.

5. Anything that is upgraded +6 should bind to a character. That's where the upgrading system becomes make it or break it.

(it's your gear, you've worn it, you've upgraded it quite some bit, now it's binded.)

Miss me with that 'I wear it once and it's forever binded to me' bs.

• This whole bind thing is useless anyways. It won't prevent ppl selling high upgraded stuff or stop ppl trying to scamm other ppl.

Wrote this in the Thread yesterday which got deleted (why? cuz ppl got mad and wrote down their opinion?) so i guess not many ppl read it. But there is something that i don't get right now and i hope ppl here can show me that i actually got it wrong somehow.

So...this bind this is being made to prevent high upgraded things to be sold and to "stop" scamming. If you wear the EQ/Weapon it will be bind on your character. Now here comes what i've been thinking about:

What if i decide not to wear the EQ/Weapon i got, upgrade it high to like +10 or more and still sell it? Or even try to scamm someone? I would be able to do it since the upgraded thing is not bind on me cuz i never put it on my char. Wouldn't this pretty much kill the reason on why this bind thing will be added?

People can still do what they did as long as they don't wear it. Only thing that will suck is, that players won't be able to really test different EQ/Weapons with different effects. Like i could buy lvl 70 energy crit % gloves for like 100kk+ cuz i think i need them. I put them on, realize that it was a bad decision cuz i might need more focus. Now i can't sell that sh*t % gloves cuz it's bind on me and thus i lost zenni. Now i have to either farm for one of those unbind coins, which i'm sure of it being hard to drop since it will also be in the cash shop or i will have to farm to make money to buy it for a sh*t ton of zenni from a casher or i cash myself.

This bind thing will be just an annoying thing with which the server might make some money...

This is a Signature. Thanks for reading.

You learned nothing.

Wasted your time.

Also thanks for reading all the way

down here.

Enjoy the emoticon.

:whistling:

*got f*cked hard by Upgrading on July 8th 2018*

d5ao5rb.gif

• Soo you don't like to have multiple sets?

You need to work on your character and gear him with everything you need too than just trade +15 gear for another +15 gear.

I mean we done this in DBO, why this should be problem now?

I already explain about last end gears and most of them is auto bind on equip and with tickets that existed that everyone used, gear use to be binded too.

I see no problem with this.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• Hello,

I just want to give my opinion on this topic. (I already did on a previous thread but was eliminated, so I put it here).

First I want to say that the idea of the bind seems a good idea, the only thing I see bad idea is the bind in the jewelry from Mudosa. For everything else seems well.

One of the big problems is people who don't read the posts and they keep saying PW2 when it doesn't make any sense. It has been said that it will be able to get Unseal Coins with the drop and even maybe with other methods, and no, it will not be the same chance as the drop of stones.

Why is this update going to be done? Many people think it's only to avoid scams but NOT. It makes people move and get their armor for themselves and not have to buy armor or their friend give them their armor. And I repeat again, if you don't equip the armor you will be able to sell it. The bind is activated after it has been equipped and as I said, the Unseal Coins will be able to get easily with farm or maybe other methods.

The only problem I see are for people who have more than 1 account and want to use their armor to their other character. That's the only problem I see.

Regards.

• Back in DBO not so many ppl had +15 stuff my dude. And not everyone needs multiple sets. If a turtle decides to be only a farming turtle he won't need any other EQ besides the one he has for farming.

What did we do in DBO? Have craft and regular stuff bind on char by putting them on? Or do you mean mutliple sets? Cuz if so read the turtle example ^^

Those tickets making gear bind during the time it was upgraded with them was a right decision. It would've killed the game if everyone could've used tickets to upgrade stuff and sell/trade them. So nothing wrong with that one.

But making those things bind now is plain dumb af.

Also as i wrote above, by doing what i wrote there the bind thing won't do sh*t. People can still do what they do right now. It will just be annoying when you wanna test different effects...Bind will be useless.

This is a Signature. Thanks for reading.

You learned nothing.

Wasted your time.

Also thanks for reading all the way

down here.

Enjoy the emoticon.

:whistling:

*got f*cked hard by Upgrading on July 8th 2018*

d5ao5rb.gif

• Well it will be same as it was in DBO, bind wise.

You couldn't share upgraded with tickets gear or any of last end accessory or gears from dungeons.

Like I said above, it will only improve the game.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• While many are hating on it for no reason I see 2 pros other than scamming and I would like to suggest this. Make unbind items tradeable this way new players can sell them and earn a bit zeni. And second is items that get bound once you wear them or once you get them in your inventory. It makes their unbind easier.

• While many are hating on it for no reason I see 2 pros other than scamming and I would like to suggest this. Make unbind items tradeable this way new players can sell them and earn a bit zeni. And second is items that get bound once you wear them or once you get them in your inventory. It makes their unbind easier.

All of gears will be with BIND.

When you equip them, it will have BIND ACTIVE and even if you wear them or place them in inventory, it will still have bind ACTIVE.

Like newbie accessory you get from blue gift box, that 100 res neck or quest gear with bind.

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

• All of gears will be with BIND.

When you equip them, it will have BIND ACTIVE and even if you wear them or place them in inventory, it will still have bind ACTIVE.

Like newbie accessory you get from blue gift box, that 100 res neck or quest gear with bind.

I think you misunderstood what I said. You know these items that unbind the bind items, they should be tradeable this way new players can do dungeons and sell them for zeni. I am not talking about equiq.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!