Would Like to see Brown Boxes and Excellent Dogi Balls added back to the Cash Shop

• I totally agree and thats why i quoted your post,like saying it twice and just adding few minor thoughts of mine :)

You can get brownies from world boss atm with alot of zeni and coins,which it makes it almost impossible.

• I agree and might be reconsidered later on,but not at the moment.

Cause if you cash more right now,wouldnt you be able to unbind boxes and make them currency?

It will eventually become in some point if it goes like that,but lets keep zeni for now...

In my perspective i believe,that f2p wants to be casual cashers,but in that way they dont stand a chance and the reason i said this is a private server,might be a reason that stops alot,so why ruin the game for all?why not at least have a period that people will make their mind if it is worth it for them to cash or not?

In retail brown boxes where permanently binded, meaning unbind coins didn't work on them. I would be perfectly happy with the same system here.

And the reason is because the game is already past that point. There are cashers running around in TMQ3, and Craft gear that is max or close to max stat at+13, +14, weapons at +13 or +14. Those items are in the game, but the main thing is that people have used cashing to accumulate a vast collection of U70 Green's, Purples, Whites, and brown boxes ready for 70 cap. They have used cashing, and good fortune with wagu drops etc, to put themselves in a very strong position for that cap. I don't believe that I or anbody else should have to get lucky at the Wagu machine, or pay insane over inflated prices to get to their level. But at the same time, they have cashed to get to that level, so I would expect to have to cash also.

There is already lvl 70 craft gear floating around, people already have that at max stat.

• Oh, right. I didn't quite get that, hehe. I could see that you agreed, but to me it also seemed like you didn't at the same time, you know? xD.
    But yeah. My honest opinion is, that there shouldn't be any items, features and / or content, solely and fully locked behind a real-life paywall. It's true, as you pointed out; this isn't retail; this is a private server, and a non-subscription-based one at that, so sure there will be a cash shop, which is all fine and as it should be! Because no revenue means no server. But I really do hope that for those people that don't cash and stuff, that there will be a way for them to achieve these (frankly speaking) upmost needed items, without draining the wallet or the zeni bank :)

EDIT: Yeah, that's true. Like 4 gold coins and 10 mil zeni, right? I've read it's gonna be changed to a fairer amount at some point.

But I also heard (I'm pretty sure) that you can get brown boxes from CC dungeoneering. Is that true?

• In retail brown boxes where permanently binded, meaning unbind coins didn't work on them. I would be perfectly happy with the same system here.

And the reason is because the game is already past that point. There are cashers running around in TMQ3, and Craft gear that is max or close to max stat at+13, +14, weapons at +13 or +14. Those items are in the game, but the main thing is that people have used cashing to accumulate a vast collection of U70 Green's, Purples, Whites, and brown boxes ready for 70 cap. They have used cashing, and good fortune with wagu drops etc, to put themselves in a very strong position for that cap. I don't believe that I or anbody else should have to get lucky at the Wagu machine, or pay insane over inflated prices to get to their level.

I know but here it wasnt,i wouldnt mind either,if it was here from the begin and if the cap was 70lvl.

We agree on that one as well,the respond from staff was,that mistakes where happened.

People indeed are on top tier already and there would be less chances to reach them,at any point.

I personally suggested for an item reset and refund of course if possible and if not, rewipe and refund again,i know i dont like it either,but if that is for the best of all,i would suck it up as Krod said :D ,but obviously there are people, that would lose way more than me,but in the end we are all losing.Moving on and hoping for the best...

We really have good and experienced people in the community,the suggestions should be always welcome, i wish for all of us to have clear minds and less ego,to start giving birth to new and constructive ideas,the mods are few and we are more,all together we can make this be fair for all,we have to.

• In retail brown boxes where permanently binded, meaning unbind coins didn't work on them. I would be perfectly happy with the same system here.

And the reason is because the game is already past that point. There are cashers running around in TMQ3, and Craft gear that is max or close to max stat at+13, +14, weapons at +13 or +14. Those items are in the game, but the main thing is that people have used cashing to accumulate a vast collection of U70 Green's, Purples, Whites, and brown boxes ready for 70 cap. They have used cashing, and good fortune with wagu drops etc, to put themselves in a very strong position for that cap. I don't believe that I or anbody else should have to get lucky at the Wagu machine, or pay insane over inflated prices to get to their level. But at the same time, they have cashed to get to that level, so I would expect to have to cash also.

There is already lvl 70 craft gear floating around, people already have that at max stat.

Totally agree. Despite being one of those people myself... the real issue is that the situation is already out and about, waiting until the 70 cap to implement direct buying methods for dogi balls/brown boxes or at least a way to make them more readily available for farming wouldn't be optimal. As something like that, especially when farming is concerned, takes extra time to reach an equilibrium. I'd recommend starting at 55 cap for both direct buying and farming suggestions so that market prices are more stable at the 70 cap.

• 3. The game was dead because the cashers drove free to play players away and then once there weren't any more players they didn't want to cash in a dead game, cashers cash in order to be superior to everyone else in the game

i think thats wrong. u can say the same thing to non cashers about the popo chest box in the game before. alot of them was farming zenis with that and for me its the same. also token farming with more accounts to upgrade tmq1 gear and earn zenis is the same. they removed it to late. the retail game died becouse there was alot bots in the game and there was alot internet pages who was selling zenis and cashpoints for dollar/euros. i can remember there was somthing like that. that was the biggest problem.

• Case and Point

Late last night a person spent 138 boxes getting 20 Con on a pair of level 55 +14 craft pants.

That person hasn't won a single brown box, and every one that person has gained has been from buying them off other players at 900k - 1kk each or trading for other items.

My point is extremely simple

What is really better for the game?

100kk + going into an over saturated economy?

or:

A person buying binded brown boxes directly from the cash shop, giving the same result, and not leading to that money going back into an over inflated economy? specifically justifying the insane prices brown boxes are fetching currently, which then in turn drives other prices up.

That same over inflated economy has allowed that person to accumulate that wealth.

• Omg , what you casher's are expecting ? What you guys want 1k purple stone 1k green ones lvl 70 ? 1k brown boxes ? 1k Dogi balls ? Oh comme on we appreciate that you guys are cashing .. but yeah be realiste there is a HUGE amount of LVL70 stones when lvl 70 cap isn't even close to bee realesed ? who have them ? Obivously CASHER's while f2p players will farm like mad mans to get 3 - 5 green in a week casher will have full +10 armor and Waepons in the first week with max stats #ThanksBrownBoxes ? guess what ? 1 mounth after lvl 70 Cap get realesed the main currency of the gam will bee brown boxes and then what ? All F2p who have a brain will rage quit !! why you play a game while you can't bee competitive in and have A social life ? ^^ this was my oppinion hope i offended anyone if i did then i'am sorry ^^

• Omg , what you casher's are expecting ? What you guys want 1k purple stone 1k green ones lvl 70 ? 1k brown boxes ? 1k Dogi balls ? Oh comme on we appreciate that you guys are cashing .. but yeah be realiste there is a HUGE amount of LVL70 stones when lvl 70 cap isn't even close to bee realesed ? who have them ? Obivously CASHER's while f2p players will farm like mad mans to get 3 - 5 green in a week casher will have full +10 armor and Waepons in the first week with max stats #ThanksBrownBoxes ? guess what ? 1 mounth after lvl 70 Cap get realesed the main currency of the gam will bee brown boxes and then what ? All F2p who have a brain will rage quit !! why you play a game while you can't bee competitive in and have A social life ? ^^ this was my oppinion hope i offended anyone if i did then i'am sorry ^^

not everyone is worried that other people will get better gear before the other. This isnt a race lol, you get nothing by doing budokai a week lvl70 kicks in or after a month... ppl should really chill on wanting to be the first to hit lvl 70 or be the first to box lvl 33% e dmg gloves... do just sit down aftwards and do nothing.

On another note: i agree on you with brown boxes. Its an easy fix though Daneos . Just BIND cs brown boxes, not even unseal coins can seal it. Then there, there wont be anymore ‘selling x item for x brown boxes’ issue

I appreciate your opinion, but I fell you are missing the point slightly.

The decision to implement a cash shop was made my the development team, it is here to stay and is the only reason we have a game to play.

If people are going to spend real life money on a game, then they expect to have some kind of advantage.

Giving people the option to only buy cosmetic items gives the powers that be a much more limited revenue stream

The dev team have purpously set cash shop items to be non binded because they know people will cash in order to buy items they can sell for in game zenie, and this will give them higher income.

Let me make it clear that I am not in anyway condeming the dev team, this is simply good business sense.

So all that on board cashing is in the game, and its not going anywhere. Now the point I am making is simply:

Buying the items directly benefits the economy far more than having to pay people over inflated amounts of money for items that they have aquired from good fortune in the wagu machine, where other players have gotten about 74 of the mr popo dogi instead.

If you play any free to play model MMO, you progress at a slower rate or are limited in what you can do compared to a player who pays a subscription fee in that game (Look at SWTOR as an example) You can still collect the same items here on global by not cashing, it is just going to take you longer, and you still have a game that hasn't cost you a penny to play.

• Hi, i know that the cash shop should give Benifit but let's take an Objective View for like 5 min ! just forgot you are a Casher / f2p player :

1- do you think that it's fair that a casher already have 200 boxe + and no casher with the WB meta have 0 boxe ? even iif they try hard as mad man and farm for long time he may have 50 boxe do you think this is fair if yes pleas tell mee how ^^ !

2- Lvl 70 stones do you think that some player's ( i mean at least 20 % of casher's ) already have 200 lvl 70 stones while non casher's have like 10-20 ?

3- some players Are Ready for lvl 70 cap ! while non -casher's will have to level up then farm ..

4- How much do you think this game will survive after the lvl 70 cap realse ? i think 1 year as maximum if the staff keep making shitty updates like token shop one ^^

• Hi, i know that the cash shop should give Benifit but let's take an Objective View for like 5 min ! just forgot you are a Casher / f2p player :

1- do you think that it's fair that a casher already have 200 boxe + and no casher with the WB meta have 0 boxe ? even iif they try hard as mad man and farm for long time he may have 50 boxe do you think this is fair if yes pleas tell mee how ^^ !

2- Lvl 70 stones do you think that some player's ( i mean at least 20 % of casher's ) already have 200 lvl 70 stones while non casher's have like 10-20 ?

3- some players Are Ready for lvl 70 cap ! while non -casher's will have to level up then farm ..

4- How much do you think this game will survive after the lvl 70 cap realse ? i think 1 year as maximum if the staff keep making shitty updates like token shop one ^^

We live in a capitalist society where very little is fair, that's life for you. Do you think I find it fair that my neighbor has a better car or makes more money than me when I work harder than him for example? But I get on with it.

Again, the point I am making is that cashing is in the game, its a thing, and it was a decision made at the top level. It wasn't my decision to implement the cash shop, and it's already been done.

Anybody who chooses to play a free game has to accept that cashing is a thing, and is also the thing that allows that other person to pay for free.

What I am proposing is something that will actually improve what many consider to be a flawed system.

It won't fix that so called flawed system, but that "flawed" system is a fundamental part of this project, and changing it results in the end of this server.

• Well , it's you'r oppinion i don't agree , but i Respect it ..

• I honestly feel ashamed of the "casher vs non casher" mentality.

I am not the kind of person who is cashing, I am proud that I donated a small amount in 2016 because I felt like Daneos does a good work and I wanted to help a bit of appreciation.

This "omg cashers have infinite stones, while non cashers farm all day" is complete bullsh1t. I'll be the one to judge, because I farmed tremendous amounts of time to get decent gear, and I even streamed when I blew 3 weeks of work away on stones (POB).

Cashers have a slight advantage, because they can make their work shortened with donating to the server, they basically pay the server so free players can still enjoy the game. Oh yeah, I know this is a "common logic" but this is the concrete answer, it is REALLY simple to understand why do cashers deserve a small edge.

Now here is the catch. Currently as we speak, free players have just as much chances of getting the oooooooohhh well desired Dogiballs, all it takes is spamming CC F25, you don't even have to be """"OP"""" or """"LUCKY"""", all you gotta do is spam that easy dungeon, and hope for a dogiball, you won't get 213 of them, but considering we are in lv45, and people already have gear (like myself) which is still good for 55-60 cap, I think have a low chance of getting dogiballs is better than adding them directly to cash shop.

There is no perfect MMO, as long as people can manipulate in-game currency, or make better use of it, it will definitely happen.

Kamo is right, I myself saw people selling items for real money, it was all around the pre open beta server, I even reported atleast 10+ people who spammed selling zeni for $.

Please get out of the high horse and don't try to justify that "cashers have X amount of u70 stones". Some, if not most of those stones are most likely gone by now, and even if not, the chances of getting +15 with those stones are just slim.

There is a very good suggestion regarding boxes, which is adding boxes into cash shop, but make them limited, and completely untradable, OR to work on gear only that have Binds(Activate) already, just to make it a bit harder to resell, so it would be considered less p2w.

Guess what, every game needs that low amount of p2w, because Daneos doesn't shit money to keep the server alive, and he is developing the game with a handful of staff members to try and keep the game up, even if the decisions are wrong sometimes, you can't make everyone happy, but they try to make balances.

• Very well said

• tactikill you know nothing about economy, when player is able to cash stones or boxes they will worth less, and the player who farm them hard will sell them for less price, guess who will lose here.
    When USA printing more dollars, here is more of them but they worth less.
    when item is rare it worth more, when here is less of something it worth more.
    this is the first point.

second point is when here will be too much u70 stones and too much boxes ppl will get fast thier gear and they will not spend money here anymore, the gameplay is done, when i played on TW/HK +15 item was something special and rare and here i see too much of +15 items, something goes wrong here.

You must understand that cash shop is not place for u70 stones, boxes and dogi coins, it ruin the economy and killing f2p players because they have nothing to offer when you can get everything for real money.
    U70 only from drop, brown box/dogi coin should be set as bonus from TMQ when you finish it in best time.
    Here is also one important thing about brown boxes, you should be not able to use them on already upgraded item.
    Here should be same chance for everyone in getting u70 stones and brown boxes, daneos did a big mistake and i have no idea how he will get out from this.

• You are missing the point.

With your first point, actually while you are perfectly correct its a double edged sword. It also makes the item cheaper to buy for non cashers..

But most importantly, it stops insane inflation because currently, many people desire an item than only a few people possess, which is putting the price of things far beyond what it should be. Having supply more in line with demand produces a fairer economy.

As soon as 70 cap comes out there will be a flood of U70 stones regardless.

It always was in taiwan.

Daneos has not a mistake. He is paying server fees, and has a team working for him. He is providing us with a product and if he chooses to profit from something that there is demand for, that's called common sense.

• This game needs Silver Boxs.

The issue with Brown Boxs is, no matter how much you spend to get them, you will probably not even get what you need.

While I agree completely, that is an argument for another day I feel.

Silver boxes could potentially make the game less cash to win as you wouldn't theoretically have to spend as much.

That said, I stacked silvers in Taiwan when the event was on, I gained about 20. When I came to use the, I didn't get anything remotely high.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!