Things you would like changed from Retail

• transformations should be a little stronger ... are the heart and soul into the world of Dragon Ball

The super sayan has a legendary strength, increases the strength of 50 times the normal ... then give more importance to the transformations (also applies to Majin and great namek)
    surely no one agrees with me, probably XD

• I wouldn't change CD with long skills too much, since Skedar could turn his HTB to 16 minutes or less if I remember correctly.

Since Skedar was the best Foreigner in TW2, I'm not going to say "have the same CD as usual", I just would not like the CD to be decreased that much.

We're not even talking about the people that weren't foreign to the game. I'm sure there were hundreds of TWs that could accomplish this as well.

This is just what I'd like to state before anything is done. and also to reconsider people for better ideas.

kingabdul: well i think instant transmission skill for all class is only thing which is needed

I wouldn't say that would be necessary. Since 70 caps came, it made instant transmission useless.
    With pets being able to transport members to different locations, Fighters and Healers stopped using skill points to obtain this skill.
    I do like the skill, and what got me interested in creating Fighter was the fact they had instant transmission. But that was the only reason.

My first class was Swordsman; it felt pretty wrong how they gave instant transmission to Fighters but not Swordsman.
    So I thought they were basing it on this: Goku had a pole and later could turn instant transmission, and Trunks cannot.

Maybe they had to give something unique to Fighters since Swordsmen had cool moves like: Flash (I always called it Back Slash) & Flash Slash (That move that I primarily use for Turtles when they slow me).

I don't really know, but it makes sense. Hah

• 1- Fly free is a Must .... Dragon ball World you should have the right to Fly ... maybe you could made as a wish with the dragon balls if you want fly unlimited AP!!
    2- CD of Transformations should be less .. more fun if you can transform more often .
    3- OLD Scouter !!!!! this for me is the TOP of THE LIST!!! Game should have the old Scouter back !! This new scouter with PETS that you can teleport anytime made the game boring In the arena ... everyone who was almost dying they just use Pet skill to run away of the Death !!!!!!

• One thing pointed out in the DBOR forums that I agree with is that Nameks/Majins are forced to spend a skill point to have any usable skills while transformed. It might not be a bad idea to just give 1 free point in a skill for obtaining the Transformation, as humans don't have to use special skills for SSJ. This is just my opinion though. :thumbup:

• This might be a long ´post.

All things I am going to post here are for the sake of good gaming design

- The game has an elemental affinity stat that is rarelly used
    - The game 4 dots that make no real difference , It would be interesting to see they making something else like, bleeding being a small dot that lasts longer ( like slowly bleeding to death , that could be applied to all skills that applies bleeding). Burning on the other hand could be a faster and higher damage dot ( dbo already kinda suports that by giving high cast time to burning skills), and so on.
    - Speaking of cast time, there are a lot of high risk cast time skills that deal shitty damage and instant ones doing much higher damage. Like How Tri-beam being a 4s cast that costs life has shitty damage compared to high speed needle.
    - Too many classes with Stuns, paralyses , confuses, candy , stone made the game create the famous jewels to negate that. Full dps classes shouldnt have more then 2 to 4 seconds stun at most. Those are for tank and control classes that depend on preparation ( like crane, karma and so on).
    - Speaking of jewels, 100% anti bleeding was the dumbest idea ntl ever came up with. So not only Dots go hit LP abs reducing its damage by 60% , it can also be nullified making a class that depends on it useless.
    - Actually If ntl wanted to reduce the amount of cc the game had ( which is a lot , DBO was basically played in turns of who stuned first) , They should've reduced the stun time not create things to negate it.
    - Speaking of dumb mechanics, playing dbo group pvp is like playing the lottery. You keep hitting your target for laughble amounts of damage ( 60% abs + Huge heals) until You hit the big numbers. Its funny how some classes can deal 1k-500k with the same skill. I dont know what fun people see in playing the lottery.
    - One thing that DBO had but was poorly implemented was the block system: Here is how it was supposed to work:

* You Could enhance your move with RP to add damage or a Knock down effect
    *The receiving part of that damage could then Block that move ,negating it or even sending it back.
    * You though could trick your target into also adding Guard Break to it and breaking his block for additional damage

Awesome, then Why did this never worked? Well here is a list of reasons why:

- The enhancement of damage was laughble at best(unless it was a dot skill) and everyone either increased the CC duration or added knock down to the skills that had it
    - Block is unreliable , Its like playing the lottery again. You'd would, on rare occasions, block the CC and on even rarer occasions you would send some skills back. But the chance is really small of happening , that you are better off trying to CC him first and hope for the best.
    - Another risky fact was that guard break would increase the damage you take by 300%(i can't remember the exact number), which means is that even the weakest skill could insta kill you had you block. So not only you take a risk blocking failling , you could also die.
    Swords had a buff to increase the next block to 100% and even then they wouldnt block too often with that cause guard break is too punishing.You would think a 50% increase damage would already be too much, but they thought 300% would make things more fun, somehow.
    - Speaking of RP, Why make such a great mechanic and not use it at all? The rate of which classes gain this little thing is so slow and pvp ends so fast that the only class you will see abusing this are female turtles, because somehow its fair to give them a book that insta fills it.

- Lets speak about stats now. the most seeked out stat in dbo was critical damage and LP abs, well for good reasons. LP abs could reduce damage up to 60% , more then the best +15 gear could ever do for You. In fact this stat was the main reason why ultimates are in groups and grand chefs aren't.
    Now lets compare some gloves, would rather get a glove with +30 str or +40% critical damage? Yeah I thoght so. There are 2 reasons for that: Stats increase so little to your dps compared to the amount you can dish out with lucky crits and You are only going to kill players in party content by bypassing his LP abs, and that was done by dealing tons of damage with crit.

-Ultimates and Grand Chefs were the so called "suport" but what they would actually do for a party in pve(and dojos) content was waiting the group outside the dungeon to rebuff. This happens because DBO had a limited amount of buffs a character might have but at the same time would create 30 different ones that would last whole 30 minutes, making those 2 classes being perfect targets for multibox and arena buffing. I had a ultimate friend who claimed to be the best arena buffer, his job was basically standing outside the arena buffing whoever comes next to him. Fun right?
    This has such an easy fix, make those 30 minutes buffs actually last 5 minutes at best. 30 minutes-1 hour buffs are only ok when they come from consumable itens. Also those 2 should be able to bring something else other then buffs to the table like bigger CC's or even a little bit of damage to not drag the party down.

- Pokos became usable when attack speed became a thing, before that they were bad healers, bad damage dealers and bad suports. So why take 'em? Pokos have 2 amazing summons that You can ignore. Reason why you won't see pokos summoning those to do pvp. They have poor attack that doesnt scale with anything in the game. So yeah, You can't make a summoner and expect to build around summoning, how crazy is that.

I know this got kinda big, but that is what I had hoped dbo would do one day and one of the reasons I think dbo failed ( who likes to play a turn based mmorpg anyways?).

• A lot of good points. It hurt my brain trying to think :thumbsup:

• A lot of good points. It hurt my brain trying to think :thumbsup:

Ahaah thanks, but that not even 50% of what I would change in DBO. But some good people already posted some of it like how Kaioken is so much stronger then transformations . Here are the numbers

a lv 3 kaioken ( 3 sp points) gives you 15% atk increase and doubles the critical rate. So on a game based on critical damage this was insane.
    and SSJ would give you 10% atk increase plus some dodge and accuracy. So it was really only used for atk speedsters and pot fighters.

I liked how xenoverse made ssj very usefull by adding skill spam to it. It would be cool to reduce skill cooldowns by a lot and RP would regen faster , much faster, so skill users could spam their best moves? Idk it could be fun.

• Ahaah thanks, but that not even 50% of what I would change in DBO. But some good people already posted some of it like how Kaioken is so much stronger then transformations . Here are the numbers

a lv 3 kaioken ( 3 sp points) gives you 15% atk increase and doubles the critical rate. So on a game based on critical damage this was insane.
    and SSJ would give you 10% atk increase plus some dodge and accuracy. So it was really only used for atk speedsters and pot fighters.

I liked how xenoverse made ssj very usefull by adding skill spam to it. It would be cool to reduce skill cooldowns by a lot and RP would regen faster , much faster, so skill users could spam their best moves? Idk it could be fun.

I agree. Super Saiyan (Transformations in general) should be better then Kaioken~ It all depends on the Saito, Daneos etc does about it :thumbsup:

• stat allocation is probably the best idea so far, i would suggest to make all stats relevant, back then only focus, dex and con were good the rest did not make any difference, i would also nerf the SK class and improve DW, give cranes their stun back, give ultimates their old spin skills and overall improve all skills to the point their all can be considered when building up a character

• Levels 50 - 55 are so boring and kind of hard because theres no quests.... Maybe you can add the "Repeatable Quest" (the ones from KR server) to make those levels easier and less boring. That's my suggestion

• Shadow Knight:

• 1 second charge for "Special Beam Cannon", "Self Destruction Wave" and "Charged Masenko".

• Remove "Rising Spirit" passive.

• "Steal Life" & "Curse" are too much.
      ∙ Cap the "Steal Life" to 250LP at max lvl.
      ∙ Increase "Curse" cooldown to 3min.

• Remove % from "Bold Strike" bleeding damage.

Dark Warrior:

• Give "Curse".

• 1 second charge for "Special Beam Cannon" and "Charged Masenko".

• Increase duration and range of "Powerful Roar".

Poko Priest:

• Increase "Kami's Awakening" for pets 60% atk.speed buff at max lvl.

• Improve pets defences and LP.

• "Kami's Epoch" - recover EP instead of LP.

Grand Cheff:

• Give them back their EP drain.

• Remove 5-10s immobilized effect from "Ball Transformation".

• Decrease cooldown on "Defence Breath" and "Fountain of Smell".

Fighter:

• Dodge pot CD ~5min.

• Nerf "Thunder" skill (lower speed%).
      26+26+50+20 "Blitz"+10 (hat)=132%+"Kaio-ken" speed is too op.

Plasma Majin:

• Decrease cooldown on "Confusing Drumbeat".

• Increase energy damage for "Homing Storm", "Rhythmic Trance", "Super Rhythmic Trance".

Crane Hermit:

• Give "Lost in Time" back.

• Increase CD on "Freeze".

Turtle Hermit:

• Increase more defence on "Physical Defence Boost" and "Spiritual Defence Boost".

Dende Priest:

• Increase duration of "Final Healing Wave" and "Kami's Energy".

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!