New properties update

• That's because most players gave up on this forum along time ago. People are always trash talking it on platform.

You forgot the other part which are not familar with forums, well i don't blame them seing 2 threads like this it makes you wanna clear your history and never come back again.

Most of that stuff is just removing P2W crap which should be done to every private server. The only thing in that list that was really suggested hard by the community and got put in for us was the increase in stone drop rate. But we all had to give up an arm and a leg to get that done, countless threads being closed, and also costed TonyEffe getting banned.

No it was planned before since the very begin before you or Tony made an account here, we did what we did because we wanted to and not because it's a private server.

Not only PvE got trashed with that .5 .5 nerf, PvP is totally unbalanced aswell. Getting one hit as Ultima with +14 lv 70 gear and full prop + full buffs with around 25-30k hp by any human in that game that builds some crit dmg (mostly fighter), is ridiculous. Now you will come up with arguments like "yea but you can go anticrit and it should be fine". Aha, I have 40% anticrit and get crit with like every second ability. Back to prop, let me list some problems.

You want retail balance, you should know that back then in retail buffers get 1 shoted by mere fighters with +12 tickets on their N-prop attribute weapon i'm talking about good buffers full prop and green aura CC it also has prop, in Dbog you get to chance to benefit from half prop instead of 0.

Regarding turtles, take a look on DiVine videos near his character Icon you will notice he had "N-prop" he bypass target's property def, thats why my dear turtle in dbog deal less damage than retail.

As you see here, he have strange on armor and nothing on weapon he is not using nothing prop for nothing. Special elite top tier player should know this kind of detail they forgot to tell you about it

• No it was planned before since the very begin before you or Tony made an account here, we did what we did because we wanted to and not because it's a private server.

Sounds like a bunch of sadists in the team to be quite frank. All those threads closed for something that was already planned? @Pork Chop Liver You people just love to pick on the people who can't speak english well because they can't properly defend themselves. And the only reason why he spammed was because of threads being closed for no good reason.

• Sounds like a bunch of sadists in the team to be quite frank. All those threads closed for something that was already planned? @Pork Chop Liver You people just love to pick on the people who can't speak english well because they can't properly defend themselves. And the only reason why he spammed was because of threads being closed for no good

He was getting reported by forum users like constant reports everytime he bring upgrade subject i even got DMs from users on discord requesting his ban, i told them "just let him share his idiology np" i actually defended him xD unbelievable.

Now go back to topic please...

• well yeah thats what i forgot to mention aswell. The legit Counter to prop is going N. And any Class can do it, which even Proofs that point that prop was Balanced. Now its just a kind of ok stat, while the Game was mostly balanced around those Stats.

And on a sidenote, ever thought about pve because all I see from your side is arguing in pvp aspects.

• well yeah thats what i forgot to mention aswell. The legit Counter to prop is going N. And any Class can do it, which even Proofs that point that prop was Balanced. Now its just a kind of ok stat, while the Game was mostly balanced around those Stats

Oh it was actually -5% and in dbog you get 0.5% per 1 prop and it cant be bypassed which means tank class are more tanky than retail, logically you got more Prop bonus in dbog

• No it was planned before since the very begin before you or Tony made an account here, we did what we did because we wanted to and not because it's a private server.

Come to think of it this doesn't make any sense. Daneos himself wanted to keep drop rate the same, he defended it before at one point. So actually we did get something changed.

latest?cb=20150326193208

Now go back to topic please...

Triggered? This is still very much on topic because the topic is "New properties update" and the update has to do with corruption, which were discussing.

• Triggered? This is still very much on topic because the topic is "New properties update" and the update has to do with corruption, which were discussing.

Alright Mr Top tier veteran, did you at least read my previous 2 posts? I explained a very important point about prop.

And on a sidenote, ever thought about pve because all I see from your side is arguing in pvp aspects.

Yes i already said in one of my previous posts that the prop change affects only pve aspects.

Here, i may not be a super top high level veteran elite like Sirab and that power ranger guy but i sure know what i'm talking about.

At least in dbog you get the chance to benefit from the 0.5 prop in PVP unlike retail N prop weapons ignore your whole prop def, so it only affect PVE

• Ffs... Pre-Open Beta -----------> Get features working, find and fix bugs, balance the game.

The game is 2 weeks away from Open Beta. We shouldn't be discussing critical elements of game balance now. It should already be balanced.

Your team set this deadline. And the game still isn't even balanced yet. How unprofessional is that?

The way your team conducted themselves is the reason why the game is in a messy state right now.
    Don't blame the community.

Will there still be bugs in Open Beta?

Unfortunately, there will most likely still be some bugs in Open Beta. Please be sure to send a ticket and report them if you notice any. Be sure to submit video/picture evidence if possible and describe how to replicate the bug in your ticket.

Will there be any balance changes to PVP and PVE in Open Beta?

Yes, there will be balance changes that will still be tested and adjusted by the DBO G Team.

As it's clearly been stated in the Open Beta 2018 FAQ, there still will be bugs and balance updates in Open Beta, which could also include the possibility of adjusting properties again.

The team had not once, never said that balancing and bugs will not appear in Open Beta, so I don't know where you pulled those non-existent proposals from, as the DBO G Team never stated this (as far as I'm concerned).

Over the past few updates, especially after this property update, a minority and small portion of members are making posts not trusting the teams decision and even going to the point where members are even questioning the teams experience and asking for justifications on decisions, which are usually always provided.

Right? We don't have any power. I tried to bring the community together to help out balance and they locked the thread and said they already decided that they were going to do it themselves. They tell us our ideas will get implemented if it's a good idea but that's not true at all. It's more or so if they agree with it that it will be added. And also why should we ass kiss Daneos and consider him great like you GM/Mods are doing? He's not one of us, he's from ragezone, not dbocom.

No one is saying you don't have any power. The community constantly influences decisions that are being made, and I can ensure you that behind the scenes there are always discussions that are made internally among the team. Obviously, the community doesn't see these discussions take place but there are many occasions where Moderators and GM's both do put forward the community's opinion and feedback. The only time threads such as these are closed is because they get out of hand, members start losing respect for the forum rules that are set in place and we as DBO G Staff members have no choice but to lock the thread and punish the rule breakers.

Daneos might not have originated from dbocom but why does that matter? Dbocom was only served as a medium, as a place for active members of the english community at the time to communicate about Dragon Ball Online.

In any case, if some veteran members are concerned that their opinions are not being voiced through DBO G, that is one of the reasons and purpose Daneos recruited myself (and other veterans among the staff). Any veteran active member who used dbocom all those years ago would be able to recognize my name, and vouch for my experience. If you have a problem, you can always send a ticket or Personal Message myself (or any other staff member) through the forums.

The DBO G Team is constantly listening to feedback from the community, on a variety of platforms (Forums, Discord, Social Media, and In-Game). For those that do not feel as they are being heard, you must believe that the Team is always constantly reading feedback every single day.

• The main thing is about the team is that you guys don't listen to feedback at all you guys say you do but you don't. This same props thread was made like twice 7 months ago when the first actually update happen, then after that maybe like 5-8 thread got created. here 2 for example My case for global properties Property and dmg broke.

YGzSMmV.png

Thousand Slashes nerf thread Why nerfing 1k slashes? You guy didn't take any feedback from that thread and them you guys decided to closed it even though no one was going off topic neither was anyone flaming anyone. Therefore the crane class was heavily nerfed and was never touched again. Also you guys had awful reason to nerf that skill in the first place and which none of those reason included or address the skill for PvE, which people pointed out to you guys and you guy just seem to brush it off and ignore it.

Armor Bind update This Needs to Be Said

This thread had over like 100 replies in the same day the thread was made and you guy still went through with that update

• it's true nobody said that we don't have power. But it's damn obviously we don't , there are so many repetitive posts that never get touched that never get answered also every update that has happen was a chaotic and irresponsabile update from daneos nerfing left and right changing unnecesary things making classes unplayable messing with the dodge/deffence/attack formulas until they barely do what their supposed to do i mean show me 1 thread in which the community requested the prop change or any on the changes daneos did. i would more than gladly provide proof for everything i say but this will be ussles anyway as words are not enough to bring the community back.

Also Tempest you provided infos from FAQ right ? but there is a comment from a moderator about tickets as well that was wrong how can we trust anything in that FAQ? it may turn out that Daneos is building his own sand castle and doesent really keep his words

Start showing us that you guys care about our comments not just tell us because we cant trust you.

• they already said that if theres going to be poll for properties there will be newbie players and veterans with different oppinions so yea, they cant trust us. going back to 1:1 is by far the best solution they could make. all these nerfs shows hiw good 1:1 was and i think were going back to it soon.

• about tickets

That was a very insignificant and special case, because that change is irrelevant to what everyone cares about (high level content). Those tickets help you a bit through some of your leveling, but then become unable to be used on higher level items.

Anyways, here's my 2 cents. I know we still have ways to go, but the team does strive to a achieve an improved version of DBO where, at least most people are happy with it. While we always do appreciate and take your feedback (we really do use it to help make decisions), a lot of what I see here is also that some specific individuals constantly attempt to gaslight others and certain situations (for whatever personal reasons they may have), in order to try to stirr up some controversy beyond the topic at hand.

But putting that aside, just like it has been said a while ago, there's discussions within the team that consider the community's complaints and suggestions all the time. I'm sure you know there's always different sides, so when you take someone's advice, the other side is going to be upset. We try to factor in all the possibilities we can think of and the ones mentioned by you when we debate what's best. Even within the staff members, there will be different opinions. Of course, it always comes down to someone making a decision in the end, but saying it wasn't influenced by the community is just senseless.

There's no game that starts their Open Beta perfectly balanced (in fact, most of them can't even get to a "perfect balance" state at all). So, while there's still many changes that need to be made, that doesn't mean they have to come before Open Beta, or that we don't have them included in our plans. Remember that there were a lot more other things than class balance that had to be worked on during POB, and there's still more to do. However, this doesn't mean that class balance will be left for last, as it will continue in progression.

Believe it or not, everything will come with time. You just have to be patient.

• It sounds like as soon as you, the "team", want to do some changes you might consider to take the feedback. What we want is that you listen to your community and based on viable opinions do the changes. Cool and good that you guys do polls and shit we can participate in. That's not what everyone is seeking. As I said, if the demand is there, like with the multiclient problem, the team should react and actually think twice before arguing 300 years and trying to sell those bad changes as good. You can tell me as long as you want that there is no difference if you have .5 or 1% prop like Behaviour, but this just isn't true. It just deletes all balance which were made prior. And your point of that no game is perfect in "open beta" just makes no sense, since we are basically in the open beta stage, but daneos just called it pre open beta (this term probably doesnt event exist), and the actual open beta is the release stage.

• It sounds like as soon as you, the "team", want to do some changes you might consider to take the feedback. What we want is that you listen to your community and based on viable opinions do the changes. Cool and good that you guys do polls and shit we can participate in. That's not what everyone is seeking. As I said, if the demand is there, like with the multiclient problem, the team should react and actually think twice before arguing 300 years and trying to sell those bad changes as good. You can tell me as long as you want that there is no difference if you have .5 or 1% prop like Behaviour, but this just isn't true. It just deletes all balance which were made prior. And your point of that no game is perfect in "open beta" just makes no sense, since we are basically in the open beta stage, but daneos just called it pre open beta (this term probably doesnt event exist), and the actual open beta is the release stage.

But we do. When I said that we listen and take feedback into our discussions, I wasn't just talking about polls, but obviously all the posts that are made in threads, as well. However, no one can speak for the community as a whole, because the community isn't a single being that follows the same ideology. Something to note is that sometimes there are changes that are factored by other changes that will be made either in the same update or afterwards.

Also, I'm not saying that every change (or even this one) has been the correct thing to do, and like I said, we too have different opinions within the team, but sometimes there are changes that need a big amount of players to help test them and give us results and feedback, like you guys have always been doing in POB. You know, to try it out and see how it goes, then revert back or make more changes if necessary. While there are veterans in the team, testing on a big scale still needs to happen.

And no, Open Beta is not the "full release", and it is to be treated as any other Open Beta. Even full releases of other games aren't 100% finished and still keep pushing updates, not only with content, but also bug fixes and balance patches.

Most of the game is fully funcional, even though there are still some bugs and re-balancing to do. If you don't like calling the current state a "Pre-Open Beta", you can just consider it an Alpha, if you prefer. However, it's stated in the FAQ that OB will still have things to work on, just like other games' OB stages do. I don't really think it's something worth arguing over, but either way, I'm pretty sure most people would rather have a normal Open Beta that still has some kinks to work out, than have to wait a lot more to play (or keep playing on POB with low population due to the imminent wipe).

Rest assured, changes can always be changed back or done differently afterwards. All we ask is that you give it a chance to try them out and then we'll work from there. Just like in this topic, we appreciate those who have been giving us useful information to work with. Carry on.

• I think everyone is forgetting that the dbog team is not a prpfessional team that has previous experiences with something like game development game engeneering. No one can expect anyone to be good at his first try. The only thing you can do is give helpfull tips without hurting them. Try to see the project from their point of view.

Secondly, upgrade tickets won't effect endgame so stop using this to bad mounth the team. Use other more reasonable things.

With best loves,

your DreameR

• Team Logic :

Daneos : Hi team today we will nerf prop to 0.5 why ? well u guys doesn't have to know !! so all agree ?

Team : YESSSS!!!!

Community : wait a minute ..but

Daneos : Ticket are Back !!

Comunity : hum this time it won't work like the bind sytem and the token , seal coins , dogi balls...ect

Daneos : i Don't care !!!!!!!!!!!

This was the team logic shity update + small compensation ( increase stone drop rate, white stones dropabale ..ect ) = happy community

• i would say the problem as in this update with props is that Daneos is not communicating with the community and as we can see not even with his team as they have to wait and get insulted by people until daneos explains his move after he already made it .. we need a better communication between the develpoers

• actually when they update something if community dont like it and suggest something better they update it right away so i dont see any reason y r u roasting them. its too obvious that they will put some work in those props u can see some clues here

• So, we are here discussing the recent prop changes. I personally never have seen a post where it was either suggested or stated as a good balance in the game. It just happened. Now I see most people, me included, wanting to revert those changes, others to cap them (without any reason or proof of work). Yet the only thing I see is some GMs trying to convince us how viable this is, although it is not. Prop is not a stat which couldn't be countered, in fact going neutral or normal whatever its called was the easiest counter as long as people build prop.

lol. Im playing Ultima myself and i get 1 hit needle crit. Before the .5 changes on Ultima I was able to barely tank 1 crit from fighter leaving me like round about 5k lp. Now show me any ultima that can tank 2 crit needles xD.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!