New properties update

• You do know it's confirmed there is going to be a level cap right? And yes. lets wait to see whatever level cap we start at (Hopefully level 50), test and see if .5:.5 is really that much of a problem, and if it's not, fix how props work in 70 cap along the way.

im pretty sure that alot of ppl already made videos of how bad it is and if that isnt enough to prove idk but fixing something so big as props in OB....didnt we.... have time to fix them in the POB? i mean cant we start an CLEAN open beta? were players dont have to be testers? just saying isn't getting back to retail dbo with lets say 55 lv cap(just a guess) and then fixing lv 70 problems along the way be a better plan ?

• im pretty sure that alot of ppl already made videos of how bad it is and if that isnt enough to prove idk but fixing something so big as props in OB....didnt we....

Yes, and that's 70 cap, not 50/55/60 cap.

i mean cant we start an CLEAN open beta? were players dont have to be testers?

Well players must have a say, most people who have access to DEV server weren't chosen because they were very knowledgeable about the game. Some people in there are just translators.

just saying isn't getting back to retail dbo with lets say 55 lv cap(just a guess) and then fixing lv 70 problems along the way be a better plan ?

That's what i'm trying to tell you.

• Yes, and that's 70 cap, not 50/55/60 cap.

Well players must have a say, most people who have access to DEV server weren't chosen because they were very knowledgeable about the game. Some people in there are just translators.

That's what i'm trying to tell you.

ok you kinda missunderstood,my bad:) what i was suggesting was

Won't it be better to revert the game to the state it was in dbo retail and then balance the game for lv 70 cap ?in that way atleast the first cap will be balanced-ish and we can focus on the future of the game

• Thanks for the feedbacks, i will discuss with the developer and the rest of the team about this subject and hopefully we will resort to a valid decision that will make the players satisfied even though there will be always few unsatisfied people.

a lot of people were unsatisfied with the prop update in the first place since it was just a plain nerf then got made into a huge buff for non dps class.

• as i suggested over and over why not reset everythig as we can see the balancing failed and maybe start over again with a good fundation(the one of dbo retail) and maybe try another path rather than going the same bad path we all have chosen?just my opinion feel free to comment and criticize but keep it elegant

• after reading many conclusions i will tell you the best way to fix the problem of classe balance :

1- make the dbog same as dbo ... in all stats

2- recrute 5 of each best classe players .. and make tests in Dev Server

3- once u guys balnce evrey single thing in bouth PVP and PVE ! make the changes in DBOG ..

• after reading many conclusions i will tell you the best way to fix the problem of classe balance :

1- make the dbog same as dbo ... in all stats

2- recrute 5 of each best classe players .. and make tests in Dev Server

3- once u guys balnce evrey single thing in bouth PVP and PVE ! make the changes in DBOG ..

Good idea except the first point. They do not have the formulas from retai so they can only look at old videos and try to do it the same but on most videos you don't see the stats of the players.

• 2- recrute 5 of each best classe players .. and make tests in Dev Server

I already suggested something similar to this and the team said they're not taking anyone outside the team to help. But here's something that popped in my head. Shouldn't a GM just be, a GM? And a mod, should just be, a mod?

But yeah at the end of the day it's not really Daneos's fault since he's never played Dbo, it's whoever is in his ear. Flexarot and Tempest are the only ones I even see suitable in the team to be in Daneos's ear about changes.

• I already suggested something similar to this and the team said they're not taking anyone outside the team to help. But here's something that popped in my head. Shouldn't a GM just be, a GM? And a mod, should just be, a mod?

But yeah at the end of the day it's not really Daneos's fault since he's never played Dbo, it's whoever is in his ear. Flexarot and Tempest are the only ones I even see suitable in the team to be in Daneos's ear about changes.

Someone who hasn't played, or just played a bit in the official game but he's currently playing DBO G, can help the same in the class balance (in this case) than someone who has played in the official game.

Yes, it's fine to know how it was in the official game, but the balance of classes doesn't mean to make the game as the official game. I have played the official game and can help the same someone who hasn't played but is currently playing DBO G (with experience of the game, of course).

What is needed to balance classes is, test, know how all classes work, their skills, and know how to think to do it.

• Someone who hasn't played, or just played a bit in the official game but he's currently playing DBO G, can help the same in the class balance (in this case) than someone who has played in the official game.

Yes, it's fine to know how it was in the official game, but the balance of classes doesn't mean to make the game as the official game. I have played the official game and can help the same someone who hasn't played but is currently playing DBO G (with experience of the game, of course).

What is needed to balance classes is, test, know how all classes work, their skills, and know how to think to do it.

this is why u guys should recrute some people to help you this would bee faster and clear and then if it's someone's fault if the game isn't balanced it will gonna bee the community fault that all of us would assume

• Someone who hasn't played, or just played a bit in the official game but he's currently playing DBO G, can help the same in the class balance (in this case) than someone who has played in the official game.

I'm assuming were talking about Daneos? He teled to west city and didnt have enough zenni back to kokkara, and quit. How is he supposed to know better when someone in the team gives him a bad idea?

Again, how is someone whos never played the original dbo supposed to help? Especially with class balance? Dbog for the first half of POB was half broken, then when most things got fixed, +15 dupes came. I dont consider that an actual Dbo experience, Open Beta will be though, after all POB was a test server.

Most people in the team main Fighter, and even if you guys all mained a different class would you all be good and knowledgable at the class? Now do you see why I think GMs should be GM and mods should be a mod? I'm just saying because when older vets come back they will wonder the same thing.

• I'm assuming were talking about Daneos? He teled to west city and didnt have enough zenni back to kokkara, and quit. How is he supposed to know better when someone in the team gives him a bad idea?

Again, how is someone whos never played the original dbo supposed to help? Especially with class balance? Dbog for the first half of POB was half broken, then when most things got fixed, +15 dupes came. I dont consider that an actual Dbo experience, Open Beta will be though, after all POB was a test server.

Most people in the team main Fighter, and even if you guys all mained a different class would you all be good and knowledgable at the class? Now do you see why I think GMs should be GM and mods should be a mod? I'm just saying because when older vets come back they will wonder the same thing.

In what can help someone who has played in the official game? If just need to know how the stats and classes work.

I'm assuming were talking about Daneos? He teled to west city and didnt have enough zenni back to kokkara, and quit. How is he supposed to know better when someone in the team gives him a bad idea?

No point in what you say, no one starts a game knowing.

• In what can help someone who has played in the official game? If just need to know how the stats and classes work.

No, you need to know certain combos, you need to know what gear to wear vs each class, you need to know your good/bad match ups, and much more. It's not that simple.

No point in what you say, no one starts a game knowing.

Exactly, so how is Daneos supposed to know what's needed and what's not? He's needs a good team. But I completely understand, you guys have your hidden agendas, but we'll see how the players that come back in Open beta feel about that.

• No, you need to know certain combos, you need to know what gear to wear vs each class, you need to know your good/bad match ups, and much more. It's not that simple.

Exactly, so how is Daneos supposed to know what's needed and what's not? He's needs a good team. But I completely understand, you guys have your hidden agendas, but we'll see how the players that come back in Open beta feel about that.

We are already here my friend

• No, you need to know certain combos, you need to know what gear to wear vs each class, you need to know your good/bad match ups, and much more. It's not that simple.

What you mentioned is basic and you can learn it perfectly in DBO G...

He has developed this server, do you think he doesn't know how the skills, stats and game work in general?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!