Add Brown Boxes to Cash Shop

• currently the game is fine, server gets more money by having boxes in wagu and it should stay there, to motivate us to donate in this game, it is the item everyone with a legendary set is hunting. Why would a developer change it if it works. People here obviously have never heard how games make money. RNG = Money making machine

We will not get brown boxes in cash shop XD haha

forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/1444/

• I'd just like for them to be a more common item in general. I think that it would benefit both paying and f2p players.

Examples:

- Random mob drops (although rare like Uwhites). Higher drop chances from super, ultra and boss mobs. (Unbound boxes).

- 1 x Gold Coin for 5 x Boxes. (Bound).

- X amount of tokens through that shop. (Bound).

- Direct purchase from the Cash Shop. (Bound)

- Slightly more common through the Wagu machine. (Unbounds).

- Possible reward from both CC, UD's, BID's and TMQ's. (Unbounds).

- (If ever reintroduced) possible loot from the random loot chests from mob drops, with keys purchased through the Token Shop. (Bound).

All in all, I think this would be a pretty good system. This will reward the f2p aspects with ways to acquire boxes, and not overinflate the economy with direct ways / purchases of getting those dreadful boxes. Yes, boxes could be used to per- or near perfect stat items for selling at overprices, but still.

• Bro, I agree with you, but my question remains the same. From what level the mobs will give the drop.
    i thing that lvl 55+ mobs should drop it cuz in papaya there arent a lot of places to farm, and it's always full of players in the best areas, fighting over them. So to avoid this problem, probably level 55 should be fine. (just my opinion)

• 1. They should be much harder to get than white u stones. You get around 5 white u stones in 1h if you farm properly.

2. I'm 100% up for it but make them unbound. Some classes are good for pvp and some for pve so give people the chance to farm with their pve char for their pvp char.

3. Don't put them in token shop. You can easily farm alot of tokens. Trust me on this there are people who have a crazy amount of token (I'm one of those guys)

4. Can't comment this one don't know if it will be good or not

5. That should be the case. Alot of people investing 100 of dollars to get brown boxes and they get nothing.

6. I think for ud und tmq it would be enough if they just drop from normal mobs just like in open world but it could be added as a reward from cc dungeon

7. no comment

• The problem would be solved if if we get silver boxes from boss event instead of brown boxes. You wouldn't need to use 50, 60 or more for just 1 item.

Why does wonder majin have confusion duration 30 seconds and karma skill lock 20 seconds if other classes have their stuns last no more than 10 seconds?

#nerfwondermajin

• Hi 0alda0! Very good point indeed. I recall reading that you wrote that earlier in this thread, and I fully agree. I am not sure about what could work, but I think that it could definitely be done along the lines of what you suggested.
    But one thing that could be tricky, is what the drop rates of the minimum level of mobs that could drop brown boxes should be. If lowered, then it is almost unfair for certain classes, but if higher, then most people would just farm those lower level mobs, which is also kind of unfair, but if let the same as, say, lvl 70 mobs, then for certain classes it would be unfair too. It's a delicate line I think. But doable in my opinion! :)

• Hi 0alda0! Very good point indeed. I recall reading that you wrote that earlier in this thread, and I fully agree. I am not sure about what could work, but I think that it could definitely be done along the lines of what you suggested.
    But one thing that could be tricky, is what the drop rates of the minimum level of mobs that could drop brown boxes should be. If lowered, then it is almost unfair for certain classes, but if higher, then most people would just farm those lower level mobs, which is also kind of unfair, but if let the same as, say, lvl 70 mobs, then for certain classes it would be unfair too. It's a delicate line I think. But doable in my opinion! :)

Yes, I suppose there should be a balance, and in case the drop is bind, the lvl 29 will not be able to farmear the brown boxes for the kid budokai.

Maybe it would be nice if the lvl 55+ mobs drop brown boxes but at the same time the mobs lvl 24-35, so that the low lvl classes can farm boxes.

• lol what?????? yes it's definitely okay to get 1 box a day.........

Well if only do the quest well yeah. just farm for a week use all silver coins and sell loot and buy boxes overtime with the zeni. Have fun and enjoy the grind if you get 30 boxes a day in a week u can pretty much get max earrings then what? make it hard to earn things give players reason to keep playing.

• Well if only do the quest well yeah. just farm for a week use all silver coins and sell loot and buy boxes overtime with the zeni. Have fun and enjoy the grind if you get 30 boxes a day in a week u can pretty much get max earrings then what? make it hard to earn things give players reason to keep playing.

okay 1, this is not true. I've spent hundreds of boxes on items and still havent gotten a good stat(not talking about max just something good). And 2. Boxes arent just needed for earrings, they are needed for everything now..... neckalces, jackets, pants, boots, weapons, gloves, everything...

• The only actual reasonable idea suggested thus far to try to make this widened Casher vs. Non-Casher gap that people always talk about is making it an Boss NPC thing. I saw the idea of lowering it to 1 Gold Coin for 1 Brown Box, but I think that you need to farm way too hard (Especially since even the drop is luck based) to get all of that. Thus far I have made a total of 150+ Silver Coins through almost farming the entire 45-51 road + 54-55 with my Dende, I think that shouldn't amount to 7 or 8 boxes in total, sounds like a pain in the ass.

I see the idea of 5 boxes for 1 gold coin, but I feel like that's excessive? I don't know, I just see it that way.

The way I saw it is:

1 Gold Coin = 3 Brown Boxes (Bound or unbound is not my issue as of now, but I'm thinking that it will most logically be Bound)

10 Silver Coins = 1 Brown Box (This is for those who farm coins and end up getting like 90 or so, they can transfer those tokens into 4 Gold coins and still use their last 10 Silver coins for another box for a total of 13 Boxes from a day or two of farming... IDK how much hardcore farmer can make, but if they are hardcore enough, I think it's fair to give them what they deserve for putting in effort into the game)

You want to make people donate for them from time to time at least, so not to make it too advantageous nor useless.

• a total of 13 boxe a day so in 10 days 130 boxe , then xD in one mounth no one would farm , go to instance's xD !

for mee the best solution to make it fair for all iis to make the quest stackable ( like u finish a quest , u can take another one ) and make it 1 gold coin for 1 boxe + x amount of zenie ... we will get like 3-4 boxe's a day wich would bee way better ...

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!