Remove auto pot from all PVP

• Personnaly i enjoy farming stones for mee it is fun i bash alot so i could get an auto pot each mounth don't worry about it if you don't bash or you don't cash don't expect to bee op ( if you remouve ticket and auto pot for game you will remouve the chest too ) if you remouve White stones brown boxes auto pot , dogi balls , z32 ... ect all " P2W" items for cash shop and you put them in game how do you expect to put them ( just give ideas ) you guys will keep only esthetic items dogi and KC do you know that peopole will cash less and server won't survive and it will shutdown and it will in part you'r for fault ( i mean by " you'r " all peopole that wanna remouve important items for cs ) Daneos have to creat dogis each mounth at least so he can't focus on new contenet ( ud 7 -8 tmq 8-9 cc200 - pk mode ...ect )

• if yall wana see some more of this keep auto pots enjoy ur fights against sks

This bug does not work anymore, before POB @Daneos removed that glitch from the auto pot, now when removing the auto pot in cooldown and you put a new one, it will continue in cooldown.

2º think that taking the auto pot of the game will unbalance even more, you can already decide the direction of a pvp 5x5 with only one skill, imagine without auto pot?

• To be honest its only the SK auto pot that bothers me since if they got high upgrades on armor then you have very low chance of winning if they have auto pot on since they can survive the cooldown ur a turtle im sure you have experienced a fight with +15 sks with auto pot on some occasion even with ur +15 wand ur dmg will be very insufficient on high upgraded armor sk and since ur crit rate low chances u critting sk is very low same with most classes therfore its just a endless match no matter how good ur combo is the sk can survive the cd and then if worst comes to worst and u try to win with countout he can use giant namek and then full lp again

• if yall wana see some more of this keep auto pots enjoy ur fights against sks

That video is an extreme circumstance that only occurred in dragon ball online Taiwan and not other versions of dragonball online (Hong Kong and Korea). Many players back then including myself did try to contact wasabii at the time(the server host of dragonball online Taiwan) to put on a cool down on the item so it could not be spammed. Unfortunately Wasabii Taiwan had poor customer service (probably one of the most atrocious that an organization to run a MMO game could ever offer) and our reports were ignored. This indicated to the player base that they really did not care about PVP and did in fact want players to abuse this system. On that note, it was easier to obtain autopots back then and they were cheap on the Auction House due to players being able to obtain them through golden chests, which caused a big supply of auto pots at the time so many players were able to access them. Eventually because of these reasons, it lead to the item to be abused by majority of the player base who entered budokai.

With that being said, this has already been discussed and spoken about with Daneos and the team and the last conclusion that was reached was that this situation will not be allowed in DBO G open beta and I believe it already has been removed from pre open beta (from when the topic was last spoken about).

However, with that being said removing autopots altogether from PVP is a different story. Autopots were actually put in the game to help characters with a low LP pool of health to have more of a fighting chance. Yes, it could be argued that this makes tanks even more tanky/less likely to be killed, however, lets just say auto pots are removed. Lets create a hypothetical situation where a SK goes up against a class with naturally low health (humans in most cases). An SK would need to just land most debuffs, + A bold strike and this would essentially already eliminating the human class. Fighters and swordsmen will deeply struggle against classes such as shadow knights because if the shadow knight has full anticrit then the match will essentially already be decided before the round even begins.

It is for these reasons why I believe the creators of the game included and allowed the usage of auto pots:

• To give classes with low health more survivability since against classes with higher health. This is to help make them endure more.
    • To actually drag out the match for longer. Believe it or not, this could actually be a potential reason. Without autopots, matches in dragonball online would last for an extremely short period of time, and would essentially never lead to a draw either. In most cases, a class would just have to execute a minimal amount of attack combos and then the round will be over within an estimated time of around 30 seconds.
    • I believe, auto pots were also made to help bridge the gap between players with highly upgraded gear (for example a full +10 set of gear) against a player with lowly upgraded gear ( +6 gear for example). In this situation if the +10 geared player has a flawless technique and strategy, there would be essentially no way for the +6 gear player to win. If autopots were disabled entirely, how would the +6 player stand a chance at all?

LP and EP meds as well as turtle book and dodge pot should be disabled in ranked and budokai much like they are in CCBD. otherwise it's just a game of stun someone then heal yourself at the end to win.

I honestly believe pots were disabled in CCBD for the sole purpose of encouraging parties to gather a variety of classes to be formed. If potting was allowed in CCBD, dendes and pokos would have less of a role and the difficulty of the dungeon would be much easier to complete (which CCBD has some of the best gear in the game) so I believe that is why they disabled the usage of pots in CCBD. Budokai is different, (especially 1v1).

• After reading the comments from other users in this thread i can see ow it would unbalance the whole PvP idea more so i'm leaning towards them being alright in ranked and budokai ect.

But i firmly stand behind the class specific items like the bitter tea and turtle book. all classes or none IMO.

I honestly believe pots were disabled in CCBD for the sole purpose of encouraging parties to gather a variety of classes to be formed. If potting was allowed in CCBD, dendes and pokos would have less of a role and the difficulty of the dungeon would be much easier to complete (which CCBD has some of the best gear in the game) so I believe that is why they disabled the usage of pots in CCBD. Budokai is different, (especially 1v1).

• They should be removed from cash shop and added to goods merchant for a high price like maybe 1kk, this will help the economy in open beta and make the game a lot less P2W. Autopots helps pvp so it isn't first stun wins, so I don't think they should be disabled from rank or budokai.

• This would be even worse than having it on cash shop because at least on cash shop its fairly expensive if you make them 1kk at goods merchant rip server atm u know how many ppl have billions and billions of zenny. As for open beta yes it might start of 1kk good price but less than a month 1kk will be a joke just like taiwan and dbog.

How is that worse than cash shop? Keeping it the same you'd have to spend cash monthly if you are a PvP player and kinda PvE player, but having it buyable from merch for 1 million zenni you won't have to cash for it? Instead you could waste cash on dogi balls, brownboxes, wagu wagu, etc.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!