Knockdown Spam in higher level dungeons is broken

• I'm pretty sure we can all agree that after enduring the latter half of the RP dungeon maps, that there's been a problem wherein mobs can repeatedly spam knockdown ensuring you won't get a single attack off. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or was left unintentionally because it was either unfinished but functional, or that the mods didn't see a reason to improve it.

Possible solutions-

1) - Just add a short timer (between 3-5 seconds) which renders the player immune to further knock-back, permitting at least 1 counter attack.

2) - Or just reduce the frequency which mobs use it.

Now I don't wanna hear anything about it this being a good Idea, it's poor game design, plain and simple. It allows the computer to inadvertently punish a player for what amounts to rng. And This system is based on rng, the mobs aren't obligated to use it 100% of the time. Sometimes they do it more often than others, but either way it prevents a strategic counter-attack. It's one thing for a game to punish bad play, but another entirely if it prevents the player from strategically attacking due to lack of ability (not all players have aoe), or due to poor mob placement (mobs alert others for help, and sometimes this is unavoidable). Lag also plays a role in this (especially for me lol, but I don't wanna make that the focal point of the issue).

All in all, it's a pretty glaring issue, that's trivially easy to fix. And by fixing it, it rewards the player for thinking strategically, instead of making them suffer due to a myriad of unpredictable factors.

• Yep, you can get combo'd to death without any chance to counterattack. So knowing that, WHY TAKE THE RISK? Know your limits.

Don't be a reckless idiot luring a dozen mobs with knockdowns/stuns, and you'll be fine. Being good at luring is a key aspect of DBO. If you can't lure who you want where you want, then you'll never be good at end-game PvE either. It's what sets apart the good players from the bad in PvE.

• Yep, you can get combo'd to death without any chance to counterattack. So knowing that, WHY TAKE THE RISK? Know your limits.

Don't be a reckless idiot luring a dozen mobs with knockdowns/stuns, and you'll be fine. Being good at luring is a key aspect of DBO. If you can't lure who you want where you want, then you'll never be good at end-game PvE either. It's what sets apart the good players from the bad in PvE.

I understand the fact that a player needs to know their limits, but sometimes I can do a UD1 normal as a level 45 PvE sk and die because its impossible for me to use my AOEs properly due to the cast time. As a player with a good network connection and hardware, along with experience, I recover from knockdowns fairly quickly. In fact, I can be running a UD1 and, while I am able to escape in most situations and recover HP before trying again, I am completely stuck in others due to the speed that the mobs knock me down with NO warning. The biggest issue in my opinion isn't the knockdown, but the lack of a bar showing me that a knockdown is being cast in some dungeons. If I can expect the knockdown, I would simply stay down for another second before getting up and finishing the job.

However, in some situations where I do not receive this warning, I get stuck in an endless loop of getting up only to be knocked down instantly afterwards. This allows large groups of mobs especially, but in some cases even smaller groups, to be able to take my full HP bar when I have over 20k hp. Note that I am using an example of a level 45 tank in UD1 normal, a level 22 dungeon. However, I don't believe the frequency should be lowered, as I am able to survive UD1 hard, while being spammed by KD, as long as I have some form of healer. This is because I eventually will receive some form of opening I can exploit in order to kill the mobs, or I will eventually kill the mobs that knock me down using my single target abilities before finishing the rest off with my AOEs. The knockdown spam is still annoying, but class diversity allows for the damage to be countered, making the knockdown spam more manageable.

Please note all of these examples are a single, high level tank, experiencing difficulties with a large amount of very low level mobs while wearing +9-+12 gear due to the frequency and unpredictability of the Knockdowns. Therefore, I would suggest a form of adjustment which makes the knockdown more predictable, and perhaps a buff to abilities which counter knockdowns, such as the buffs in the Warrior class and Mighty Majin class base trees. This would also increase build diversity and promote more defensive or strategic styles of play when facing some enemies, whilst also retaining the difficulty for classes which are not meant to handle large volumes of enemies at the same time.

But I'm just a spectator looking in, so take my words with a grain of salt.

• Don't try to be smart by just saying the basics of every MMO, even knowing that any other MMO doesn't have such an spammable disable to the player as DBO does.

I've been outside rp2, the three towers with 1 ultra each one, and you just cannot kill the fckng tigers, the KD literally has no cooldown, I was taking 1 super by 1 to kill the ultra and i had to htb the supers, use the rp duration stun and hope to crit those bastards, because as soon as they were free I would not get up. Pretty annoying that if you are inside RP2 and you just need to deliver quests youll have to kill every mob again because if not you would die by just dashing away.

Try to go to RP1 to the robots part killing 1 by 1 but the ''Calls for help'' will get you killed. You just can't solo most of the game, unless you are a lvl 70 doing ud1.

Mobs NEED a cooldown for their skills, and they dont have one, that's a basic. Almost stuns get diminished, but KD's? lmao

• And with that being said i am adding the enjoyment factor,this isnt just hard,it is annoying,some classes have the abilities to come around those,using strategies etc,as for a new players,who are still trying the skills,might brake the game for them,also,indeed some of the spamming mob skills where like that in retail,though the skills,stuns,passives where actually working,here it is not the same...

• And with that being said i am adding the enjoyment factor,this isnt just hard,it is annoying,some classes have the abilities to come around those,using strategies etc,as for a new players,who are still trying the skills,might brake the game for them,also,indeed some of the spamming mob skills where like that in retail,though the skills,stuns,passives where actually working,here it is not the same...

In fact, a friend from my guild is just getting introduced to the game for the first time, he learns fast, and he is a DW. He asked me ''So this is what a tank does here? taking the hits from the mobs, falling on the floor while your teammates kill everything?'' And I was shocked because he was right, I couldn't give him an answer.

• Hi,

Thousands of players have been able to complete these dungeons in both retail and DBO G. If it was broken those players would not be able to complete these dungeons at all.

The only problem here is some players try to take on more mobs then they can handle without paying respect to the mob's that agro. These dungeon instances have always been like this, ever since retail.

If you are having difficulty, then party with other players to run through the dungeon with you.

This thread will now be closed.

Regards,

Tempest

DBO G Staff

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!